Opinions on VC doubles

I am still somewhat in the market for a double, but mostly still in the learning phase. I saw on another thread that I believe @IvW is a fan of these rifles, I could be mistaken though. Anyway what is everyone's general opinion on these doubles and also the pricing of this one with the brass and dies. I had almost settled on saving up for a new Heym but I am interested to know you all's thoughts on this.
Give Kebco LLC, Ken a call sometime. VC distributer

Knowledgeable, well versed & a Pleasure to do Business with.

Purchased my VC O/U 450/400 OU a year ago on GI for 6k. other than having to adjust the rear sight it has given me no problems. at that price I was ok with taking a flyer. just look around and be patient...
tempImagejkOxOa.png

Before I bought my Heym I read everything about them that I could find. Then I analysed the engineering principles that went into the 89b, and everything just makes such absolute sense. For example can you imagine the precision that allows a long water table design to close absolutely perfectly with a three point lockup?
Now I have it I have taken a magnifying glass to it and I can confirm it is so accurately made it is almost a miracle. That is an absolute.
Then onto the aesthetics. Proportion and form are a subjective, but to me and many others they have got it absolutely spot on - it is such a pleasure to behold from any angle.
And it shoots well, excellent crisp triggers, regulates and far more accurate than I am.

The Heym 89B looks great...best of two worlds perhaps.. Only thing that puzzles me is why they went for a Greener bolt instead of a dolls head third fastener..?

Nothing wrong with a well fitted Greener bolt...but a dolls head is more elegant perhaps..and more british..?

Last edited:
The Heym 89B looks great...best of two worlds perhaps.. Only thing that puzzles me is why they went for a Greener bolt instead of a dolls head third fastener..?

Nothing wrong with a well fitted Greener bolt...but a dolls head is more elegant perhaps..and more british..?
What is a Dolls Head? if you care to entertain, just curious. Finally seen the difference between the 88/89's.
Still really like their 88. From Heym's FB Page.
1659179519483.png

Last edited:

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-07-30 at 5.42.21 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-07-30 at 5.42.21 PM.png
    5.1 MB · Views: 54
  • Screen Shot 2022-07-30 at 5.42.22 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-07-30 at 5.42.22 PM.png
    2.6 MB · Views: 52
I like the 89 better since it looks seems to be more in line with the old english guns to me.

The reason is it is essentially the same action. They have put it into a more British looking profile, but it isn't really a new design. That is one way they can keep it competitively priced. And frankly, on a heavy recoiling gun or rifle, there is nothing wrong with the slightly greater bearing surface of a cross bolt compared to a hidden third or doll's head.

I personally think that the Rigby rising bite is the most secure and attractive third lock, but it is difficult and expensive to make and fit.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
richardparker

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross