Opening day

James Adamson

AH veteran
Reaction score
Media
Hunted
Namibia
Had a fantastic morning flight and night flight on opening day of the fowling season. Bagged 3 geese this morning and the dog did great but the night flight was made even better as I was joined by my eldest and his cousin and they both managed to bag their first geese. Very proud of them both. They were both out a few times last season but never managed to bag anything. They were both absolutely made up with their birds.

20200901_214653.jpg

20200901_211333.jpg

20200901_210834.jpg

20200901_065143.jpg

Outstanding! Looks like you all were successful! Congratulations to all!

Heck of a day for you guys! Congrats

Congrats and thanks for sharing!

What a day you guys had! Well done!! BUT.......

.........now to the real test of a wing shooter - the PLUCKING!! (y)

Very nice. Congrats on getting the young men their first geese. I'm sure they will remember that a long time. Tell us a little about how you do your night hunting. Not allowed here.
Bruce

Very nice. Congrats on getting the young men their first geese. I'm sure they will remember that a long time. Tell us a little about how you do your night hunting. Not allowed here.
Bruce

The ducks and geese head to water at night so it's just a case of getting there before them and using the wind to your advantage to get under them. It's easy to over shoot a place and ruin it, I always like to leave with birds still coming in. We have no laws regarding times so we can shoot right up until pitch dark and sometimes with a full moon you can shoot through the night if you desire.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JudeWjg34

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross