Opening day of the wildfowling hunting season

James Adamson

AH veteran
Reaction score
Media
Hunted
Namibia
Great to be out again with the gun and the hound for the first day of the wildfowling season. I have been wildfowling since I was 13, i am nearly 40 now and still i cant sleep the night before opening day. I was up and making coffee for the flask at half 3 and in the field for half 4 all set up ready to watch the world come alive. The first geese started coming in at half 5 and by 7 I had 6 geese in the bag and a very happy labrador.
Screenshot_20210901-230134_Instagram.jpg

Great pic! Thanks for posting.
It's dove season here in Texas and I shot my limit yesterday on opening day.

Well done.
The opener is coming up fast in my neighbourhood to.

Great hunt! Are those greylags? Our Alabama seasons start September 4 for resident geese and the 11th for dove and teal, after hurricane Ida teal and water everywhere behind the house. Maybe they will stick around for a change!

Great hunt! Are those greylags? Our Alabama seasons start September 4 for resident geese and the 11th for dove and teal, after hurricane Ida teal and water everywhere behind the house. Maybe they will stick around for a change!
Yes they are greylags, we get the pinkfeet passing through in October but they dont usually hang around for long. Barnacle geese too but they are protected.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kathi6164

Latest profile posts

85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.