Deals & offers
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Mex/S.Amer
Hunted
USA, Canada, New Zealand, Mexico Africa.
Ok guys not sure if anyone started a thread like this previously but if you had only one country to choose as your dream place where would it be? Keeping in mind it can be anywhere in the world. For me I think it would have to be Mongolia for alti sheep and ibex. If this older body could make it! Dream on folks!

Hunt? Live? Combination?

Hunt. I should have made that clear. Sorry..

For me I think northern North America. I know, continent not a country but very alluring. Bears of all sorts, Moose, Caribou, Elk, Wolves as well as seafood in coastal areas. Also large areas of proper wilderness. Something I miss in Europe. I’ve no idea what the rules are for hunting these species and if they’re all legal but since we’re talking about a “dream” situation this is what comes to my mind.

For me I think northern North America. I know, continent not a country but very alluring. Bears of all sorts, Moose, Caribou, Elk, Wolves as well as seafood in coastal areas. Also large areas of proper wilderness. Something I miss in Europe. I’ve no idea what the rules are for hunting these species and if they’re all legal but since we’re talking about a “dream” situation this is what comes to my mind.
Excellent choice!

Africa. Im no expert on African geography ive learned a bit in the last 12 months but if Africa is a continent made up of various places thats the one i mean. The one with Lions and elephants and stuff.

The United States of America, I like my guns :D and we have more freedom than any other country on the planet.
As it's always said about other countries, "It's a nice place to visit but I wouldn't want to live there". (y)

If the choice is solely for hunting, it'd be some country in central Africa.

I have hunted for 66 of my 72 years in the USA. I’ve only hunted Africa the last few years. Still, I believe the North American challenge is more difficult than what I’ve seen so far in Africa. There are always examples of tough to access or hunt animals such as bongo in Africa or big horn sheep or mountain goat in the US. But if you love the hunt, the USA has great opportunities.
JMO, but the US (at least out west where I live and including Alaska) tends to be more of a young man’s hunt. Africa (at least RSA and Namibia) seems to be vastly easier on this “longer toothed” guy.

I'm going to have to stick with North America based off the animal variety. Not to mention we need our tools to hunt and most if not all other countries have much tighter restrictions or limits on guns and I'm not a fan of limits.
Love the fact we can for the most part be in any state to hunt within a few hours by flight.

Kenya Africa,with Shelby.in the old days,when i was young and tough.

As much as I like Zimbabwe, I’d have to agree with Opposite Pole and Hogpatrol and go with North America. I enjoy hunting with handguns and the US provides the best opportunities.

As much as I like Zimbabwe, I’d have to agree with Opposite Pole and Hogpatrol and go with North America. I enjoy hunting with handguns and the US provides the best opportunities.
my wife and i have had pretty good luck with handgun hunting in africa.and your right,weve done alright in the lower 48 and alaska.

Gotta be the USA to both live and hunt. Freedom, plenty of species, pick your weather and terrain. Any place in the country is within a reasonable flight.

Just hunting, Africa. For all else, where I live, US of A.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
markekcertifications

Latest profile posts

Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you