One year later...

brushmore

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Hunting reports
Africa
Hunted
South Africa
Like I often do now days, I was thinking of Africa. I realized that the journey that took me to Africa started at this time last year. The spark that got things going for me was reading the World War I archive on The Telegraph (http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ww1-archive/). In the edition on the first day of the war was an add trying to get people to go to Rhodesia. I started thinking if I only lived back then... But then it dawned on me, I've always wanted to go on an African Safari so why not at least try to make it reality. So I did.

The first thing I did was to buy some books for research. I started to realize that a hunting trip to Africa was much more attainable that I initially assumed. And then I found this place and that changed everything. Because of that, that "maybe someday" goal become a reality for me in April. That's because here I found great deals, learned a ton, and made some great friends. None of that would have been possible with out ah.com. I've been on the Internet before most people even knew what it was and this by far has been the best community online I have been a part of.

I've booked a trip back to Africa for two years from now. As I am sure anyone who has been to Africa knows this, but I just had to get back. Looking at it now that two years seems like an eternity but thankfully I have this site to keep me going!

Yes AH keeps the fires of Africa burning bright. I as there this yr and already thinking about going again... It just gets in your blood. An itch that you have to scratch.... Bruce

same thing,brushmore , as I was tying the boat this morning , I was thinking a year ago today , me and my beloved were flying home right about now...
for the last couple of weeks , ive been saying to the crew , on this day a year ago ,l was diving with the white pointers , or a year ago to day , ole roy walked the legs of me chasing blue wilder beast at ntoni, we mustve climbed them hills 8 or nine time this day a year ago.
glad someone else brought it up ,mate .
right now im 65 odd, days out of my Zambian adventure , and my croc gear just arrived in the mail , so l cant wait to get back to sea and set it up and start flick the arrow into the butt im taking this trip ........

Last year we were on our way to Durban to have the trip of a life time.

Just reading the turmoil that i on going to see if i will be able to return in a year or two.

This Friday I Finally picked up my Trophies from my Taxidermist, 14 months since I returned from SA, closing that Chapter in my Book.It's time to start another Chapter Good Lord willing Namibia is calling

Just saw this... what a great reminder and what great timing.

August 24th was the day I took the buff in my avatar. I will admit I just got a bit emotional just now thinking about it. What an experience....

Saving now to go back again. 2018 will be here before I know it!

Royal we might be going the same year...if not sooner.

Well look what popped up on FB today!!!

Screenshot_2015-08-24-07-18-53.png

And I hope everyone saw the sweet note that FB wrote me about caring for my memories.

Who says FB is anti-hunting???? :A Banana::A Banana::A Banana:

This Friday I Finally picked up my Trophies from my Taxidermist, 14 months since I returned from SA, closing that Chapter in my Book.It's time to start another Chapter Good Lord willing Namibia is calling
Thought I'd post a pic of what My Taxidermist and I came up with
DSC00326.jpg

1) I got my one year ago Facebook reminder in July ... and I admit to being a bit emotional. It was a special time to reflect on the blessings in my life.
2) I REALLY love the Africa buckskin Rob44 ... I have a plan for my next kudu!

Africa is like a YoYo.
You're on a string and you go up and down, back and forth and you just keep doing it over and over.

Brushmore, glad you are going back for more.

I'm just loading and sorting the thousands of images I took this trip. It brings it all back, and I was just there days ago.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andresonjames29

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg
Living life like a lion for 1 day is better than living life like a jackal for 100 years.