AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Australia/NZ
Member of
DU, JSA, NAHC( Life member), NRA (Life member)
Hunted
Namibia, Zimbabwe, USA (PA ,WY,TX,MT,AK,NJ,DE,VA,WV,SD,MA,NC,FL,MD,CA) Canada (QC,NF,ON,NT,NWT,BC), New Zealand
Well I got an email this morning from Maple Freight in Zim informing me that my export permits have been approved. Now all I have to do is wait for their veterinary department and their bank to approve everything and then they will ship my trophies to Joberg. After that I wait to be contacted by Spherical Freight to let me know how much I owe them to ship my stuff to Atlanta and on to Baltimore. After that I just wait for them to get loaded on a plane and then start tracking. With a little luck I may have my trophies home in under a year. :drooling::clap:

So exciting, I hope everything goes perfect.

I just received the email I've been waiting for, my trophies from Zim. are due to arrive at Baltimore Int. Airport on June 3rd. I'm trying to control my excitement though because I remember the last shipment and all of the unexpected and unexplained delays. The only answer I could get was TIA. I must admit that the excitement is building, I will let you guys know how I make out as I am acting as my own importer.

Well I almost got my trophies this week. They made the flight over from Joberg on Delta flight #201 and arrived in Atlanta on June 2nd. as scheduled, that's where the fun started. It seems that the regular customs inspector took that day off, so his replacement checked my shipment and paperwork. He found everything in order and released my crate for forwarding, then put it in the wrong area for shipping. After a day of tracking I called the Delta cargo resolution team, a wonderful lady tracked my crate down and found the inspectors error, I was reassured that it would be loaded on the first available flight the next morning. The next morning came and went still no movement, so another call to Delta and was told that when they went to customs to get my crate they weren't allowed to take it because the paperwork was lost. But was told that they would figure something out, so I went to bed last night with a not too good feeling. Got up early this morning to find an email from Delta saying that the papers were found and my shipment was on the first flight to Baltimore this morning, a big relief. I was so excited when I got the email saying that my shipment had arrived and was ready for pick up, I called the USFWS office in Baltimore to let them know that I was coming and was told that they were closing early today, at noon. Damn I can't get there that quickly so we made arrangements to pick it up on Monday. It has been quite a week but I can see light at the end of the tunnel now, so I just have to keep busy till Monday and try not to think about it.

Good luck on Monday!

Murphy's law seems to be alive and well...

Good luck on Monday!

Murphy's law seems to be alive and well...
Thanks Royal, You know I'm not holding my breath anymore. I'll let you know how it goes.

Trophy shipment is a roller coaster, hurry up and wait, anxiety provoking experience.
I am looking forward to seeing your trophies.

Trophy shipment is a roller coaster, hurry up and wait, anxiety provoking experience.
I am looking forward to seeing your trophies.
I will post photos, when I get them home but I am having them mounted here, the only thing I am picking up is skulls and capes. I did have the buff hides tanned and a couple of gun bags, belts and a wallet made. Can't wait to see how they turned out, hopefully won't have to wait much longer.

hope it goes smoothly jduckhunter
if you were in Australia you would have to wait till Tuesday ,as its another long week end here for the queens birthday .

"God save the Queen" You got to love the Queen, Thanks Bluey

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarpathianHunters

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!