One more Leopard hunt in Namibia at an incredible price!

JVR

AH senior member
Reaction score
Deals & offers
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
NAPHA

AH-WARNING

Leopard hunt in Namibia at an incredible price!

Had a phone call yesterday from an Outfitter who still had one tag for 2011. Only dates available are from 13th November until 20th November 2011.This is a combination Leopard / plains game hunt that must be taken before November 30, 2011. For a list of available plains game species and prices ,contact me. Please contact me for available dates and any questions or further information. See all details below.

Discounted Leopard Hunt Price for 2011:
Daily rate (1x1, 10 hunting days): $ 4500.00
Leopard tag: $ 500
Leopard trophy fee: $ 3,500 (only payable if trophy is taken or wounded)
TOTAL: $ 8500.00

Rifle hire USD 40 per day, but clients will pay for damaged rifle or scope.
Cartridges: Per pack opened.

The following is included and excluded from the daily rate:-

Included in the Price
Accommodation with full board and laundry service
All house wine and soft drinks.
Professional Hunters and 4x4 Hunting Vehicles
Hunting trips, track tracers and skinners
Sheltering, skinning and salting of the trophies
All necessary hunting permits

The tariff does not include:
Trophy preparation at our own specialized taxidermist
Dipping and shipping cost of the trophies
Alcoholic spirits, Beer and Imported Wines
Trophy fees
Flight costs
Insurance
Gratuities
Wounded, not found, game has to be paid in full
Rifle Hire
International Phone Calls
Additional Trips

Attachments

• Resize of DSCN0929.jpg
    Resize of DSCN0929.jpg
    416.5 KB · Views: 90
  • Resize of DSCN0998.jpg
    Resize of DSCN0998.jpg
    340.5 KB · Views: 92
  • Resize of НАМИБИЯ 2009 018.jpg
    Resize of НАМИБИЯ 2009 018.jpg
    341.8 KB · Views: 125
  • Resize of IMG_0098.jpg
    Resize of IMG_0098.jpg
    549.2 KB · Views: 106
  • Resize of IMG_0234.jpg
    Resize of IMG_0234.jpg
    578.1 KB · Views: 98
  • 6780_1026005310955_1849971196_65236_3114271_n[1].jpg
    6780_1026005310955_1849971196_65236_3114271_n[1].jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 103
  • Sylvia Janbey 048.jpg
    Sylvia Janbey 048.jpg
    525.9 KB · Views: 123
Last edited by a moderator:
Outfitter for this hunt Osonjiva Hunting Safaris.

Leopard hunt in Namibia at an incredible price!

Had a phone call yesterday from an Outfitter who still had one tag for 2011.

Sylvia, I'll bite here to clarify my confusion.
How can Osonjiva Hunting Safaris be the outfitter when another outfitter has the tag?
They transfer the tag to you?

Thanks.

Tag

Hi Brickburn

Yes sorry I am blond so sometimes I write blond also.

We have to apply for the tags one year in advance and get allocated two tags per year that you have to use by the end of November. They are not transferable to the next year so if you do not use them you lose the money paid for these tags.

But you also have to pay MET before the Hunting Season starts for both tags. So MET basically get the money before you get the Hunters.

However the tags are transferable from one Hunting Outfitter to another but you have to of course inform MET of this as all the applications get done via them. The last hunt that I advertised was sold two days ago but on the same day another client from the US contacted me and was also looking for a Leopard for this year. I told him that I would try and find one more tag which I then did but now unfortunately he is not able to hunt on the dates that I have available and therefore I have one more Tag.

Let me know should you have more questions.

Sylvia

Sometimes redheads and brunets have some troubles so i would pass on the blond.

When a opportunity becomes available it is a plus to hunters on AH that are looking.

It appears that this year there were many unused leopard permits being offered at the end of the season.

For many we do not have the ability or schedule to go on a short notice.

wish you well...

James

Thank you for the vote of confidence. Maybe I should change my signature to The Blond then all would be clear from the beginning.

Yes you are correct with you statement with regards to the unused Leopard Permits but in all honesty I also think that due to the fact that you have to pay for your tags beforehand makes a difference. So from the Outfitter's point we lose money if we do not find hunters to use the Tags. In my case I was only trying to help a fellow Hunting Outfitter as they still had the one tag and the year is almost over. Scary thought that one!

On the other hand same day that I obtained the tag I had one more enquiry for two buffalo and two Leopard so what do I do now. Only one Leopard available. So I have to pass it on.

Let me just share my good news it just started raining on Osonjiva first rain for the 2012 season that's great!

Speak to you soon!

Your quote is so true!

Very few of the so-called liberals are open-minded...they shout you down and won't let you speak if you disagree with them."

Sylvia, I'll bite here to clarify my confusion.
How can Osonjiva Hunting Safaris be the outfitter when another outfitter has the tag?
They transfer the tag to you?

Thanks.

BRICKBURN, Good questions and thanks for bringing up this matter.

Maximal 2 tags per MET (Ministry of Environment and Tourism) and NTB (Namibia Tourism Board) registered outfitters are allocated on a geographical basis by the MET but these tags have to be utilized on that specific property and cannot be hunted elsewhere. The landowner who was allocated the tag (s) can either utilize these himself or he can sell these tag(s) to another outfitter. The condition however persists, that the sold tag has to be hunted in the allocated geographical area/farm. The "owner" outfitter must also accept a share of the responsibility, therefore one...

Conditions of predator trophy hunting permit stipulates:
A trophy hunter, trophy hunting guide and trophy hunting operator must read and acknowledge and sign the predator trophy hunting permit conditions before the hunt commence.

Another stipulation reads as follows:
The trophy hunting operator concerned must give notice of the predator hunt to the regional office of the Ministry seven days before the hunt commences.

Leopard tags have been sold as well as advertised for sale by registered outfitters which is fine, however should the one outfitter sell his tag to another outfitter MET must be informed accordingly.

Hi Brickburn

... However the tags are transferable from one Hunting Outfitter to another but you have to of course inform MET of this as all the applications get done via them. The last hunt that I advertised was sold two days ago but on the same day another client from the US contacted me and was also looking for a Leopard for this year. I told him that I would try and find one more tag which I then did but now unfortunately he is not able to hunt on the dates that I have available and therefore I have one more Tag.

Sylvia, As per the rules of posting in the GREAT DEALS on Hunts Worldwide section, one must post all pertinent information required, including outfitter name and where the hunt will take place if different than your company name as well as the area(s) where the hunt will be conducted. Please provide this information as the leopard tag that you have access to or already purchased would not be utilized on your porperty.

Attachments

• #Amended M E T Regulations.pdf
    318.9 KB · Views: 111
Jerome

I have spoken to MET today as we work very close with them and thank you I do have the MET Regulations as I used to be on the Hunting Leopards with Hounds Committee as established by Napha so we still work very close with them with regards to Hunting Leopard.

I did check with MET (Mrs. Lombaard) who works with the Leopard Applications and Tags so I made sure of all the rules before posting it on the net. We Osonjiva Hunting Safaris have to apply for the Hunting Permit and will only receive permit and tag once other Hunting Outfitter has given us a permission letter to hunt Leopard on their property. On the permit it would clearly state where the area is that is allocated to the tag. Without this letter the tag and permit would not be allocated to us. So yes you are correct in saying that the hunt has to take place in the area where the tag was allocated to but we can still conduct the hunt and I never statet otherwise. Pls. feel free to contact Mrs. Lombaard to check. Tel: +00264 61 2842111.

As for naming the other Outfitter would you do this in our competitive hunting industry I don't think so.

As for obtaining the permit. First I have to have an hunter who is willing to shoot the Leoaprd then I would need his passport copy before I can even apply for the Permit and Tag. So to answer your question Tag is available but no hunter yet. If no hunter is found then tag will be declared void. But I can assure you should there be any interesting parties we will be able to proof that the tag is available and that all rules and regulations as per your attachement have been followed.

Jerome

I have spoken to MET today as we work very close with them and thank you I do have the MET Regulations as I used to be on the Hunting Leopards with Hounds Committee as established by Napha so we still work very close with them with regards to Hunting Leopard.

I did check with MET (Mrs. Lombaard) who works with the Leopard Applications and Tags so I made sure of all the rules before posting it on the net. We Osonjiva Hunting Safaris have to apply for the Hunting Permit and will only receive permit and tag once other Hunting Outfitter has given us a permission letter to hunt Leopard on their property. On the permit it would clearly state where the area is that is allocated to the tag. Without this letter the tag and permit would not be allocated to us. So yes you are correct in saying that the hunt has to take place in the area where the tag was allocated to but we can still conduct the hunt and I never statet otherwise. Pls. feel free to contact Mrs. Lombaard to check. Tel: +00264 61 2842111.

As for naming the other Outfitter would you do this in our competitive hunting industry I don't think so.

As for obtaining the permit. First I have to have an hunter who is willing to shoot the Leoaprd then I would need his passport copy before I can even apply for the Permit and Tag. So to answer your question Tag is available but no hunter yet. If no hunter is found then tag will be declared void. But I can assure you should there be any interesting parties we will be able to proof that the tag is available and that all rules and regulations as per your attachement have been followed.

Sylvia, Nothing wrong with your answers, don't take me wrong there... however I felt that BRICKBURN's questions needed more clarification...

Regarding your statement "As for naming the other Outfitter would you do this in our competitive hunting industry I don't think so.", please know that there are rules in place on AH to try to protect the hunters on the site and not to encourage questionable offerings as is seen on other hunting sites with less strict posting rules. If you wish to promote your company on AH you must adhere to the rules, no exceptions, the rules are important no matter how competitive the industry is. As a matter of fact, an operator's reputation is that much more important in a highly competitive industry as the greater the pressure is, the more likely the temptation to push ethical boundaries is to gain an advantage. These rules apply to everyone.

AH-WARNING

Last edited by a moderator:
If you're attacking your market from multiple positions and your competition isn't, you have all the advantage and it will show up in your increased success.

Jay Abraham

Jay, I'm confused again.
I assume you would have an agreement for the Leopard tag with the other outfitter.
If so, what would be the worry about disclosure of the information?

I have seen some hunts posted here that were "first past the post".
Case in point: A Buffalo was trashing somebodies place. He wants rid of it.
I inquired about the posted hunt, as I was interested in chasing a Buffalo with my bow.
It was sold by another outfitter before the AH poster could do so. Too bad to anyone inquiring, Not fast enough.

So, if you do not have the tag it looks like the same type of situation to me.

With a Buffalo that works well enough because it was on a farm with a CAE in SA. So, anyone could hunt it at any time.

This is not the case with Leopards though, as you have shared.

Hi Brickburn

Point being is:-

Client on AH contacted me via private message wanting to hunt Leopard.
My Tags were sold. Promised to find client one more tag if at all possible.
Managed via MET to Locate Opposition Hunting Outfitter who still had one more tag but was willing to transfer tag to us should we be able to locate a hunter. Of course we had to refund paid tag money to Outfitter and adhere to all MET Regulations and Conditions of the hunt. Hunting Outfitter's name on the Hunting Permit would have been Osonjiva Hunting Safaris so I fail to see where I have withheld any information as Jerome pointed out.
Hunt would be conducted 450 km NW of Windhoek and +- 2 Hours drive from Osonjiva.
As for naming the Outfitter where I required the tag firstly I do not see the relevance of this as their name would not be on the permit only the hunting area and why after all the effort that I have made should I name an Opposition Hunting Outfitter.

Surely it is up to each Hunting Outfitter to do their own advertising by all means possible so why should I make it easy for my opposition and disclose where and how I do my advertising.

Sylvia, I am trying to understand the tag system. I appreciate your help in understanding the offer.

After seeing what is possible with Ferdi Kemp and Company, combined with the whole Hound hunting moratorium in Namibia, you could understand my nervousness I hope.

http://www.africahunting.com/latest...-being-investigated-namibian-authorities.html

Your post in that thread suggested asking about seeing the permit first. Well, I am trying to understand how your outfit has acquired the leopard permit.

I was of the understanding that the tags were set for a property and issued to a particular outfitter, end of story.
I was not aware that MET would allow the transfer of the Leopard tags/permits at all after they were issued/purchased.

From what you are describing it looks like MET is reissuing the Leopard tag/permit in your name and the new hunter (if you find someone)
I would assume, as you have layed out above, that the hunt would have to take place on the property/land where it was originally issued?

Share what information you see fit to share. That is not up to me.
I am here to learn, find good hunting and help others out that are doing the same thing.
I appreciate your assistance in making that happen.

Hi Brickburn

I have outlined the two regulations for you and hope it is more clear!

Professional hunters (PH) may conduct hunts on all farms, provided they have written permission from the owner of the property. So in order for Osonjiva to conduct the Leopard Hunt on the property where the tag was allocated we would need a permission letter from the owner of that property. On the Hunting Permit not to be confused with Hunting Tag you would have the Outfitter's name, Hunters name and details, and the geographical area/farm where the sold tag was allocated to.

Leopard Trophy Tag

An applicant may only be allocated a maximum of two leopard trophy hunting quotas per trophy hunting season in a form of leopard trophy hunting quota tag, which tag -
(a) is issued by the Permit Office;
(b) reflects the trophy hunting quota Number; and
(c) is valid for a specific trophy hunting season.
(4) The Ministry allocates leopard trophy hunting quotas based on the size of land (2500ha is the cut off limit) and any relevant scientific information available such as estimated population size, trophy size and trends, hunting success rate, density and habitat, and communal conservancies and hunting concessions on State land are not included.
(5) Applications for leopard trophy hunting quotas for the following trophy hunting season end on 30 September in each year.
(6) Leopard trophy hunting tags are allocated and handed over to successful applicants from 31 October until 30 January.

Maximal 2 tags per MET (Ministry of Environment and Tourism) and NTB (Namibia Tourism Board) registered outfitters are allocated on a geographical basis by the MET but these tags have to be utilized on that specific property and cannot be hunted elsewhere. The landowner who was allocated the tag (s) can either utilize these himself or he can sell these tag(s) to another outfitter. The condition however persists, that the sold tag has to be hunted in the allocated geographical area/farm.

Leopard Trophy Permit

An application for a predator trophy hunting permit must be submitted to the Permit Office of the Ministry 14 days before the hunt commences.
(1) When applying for a predator trophy hunting permit for a leopard, an applicant must have a leopard trophy hunting quota tag available.
(2) A copy of the passport or identity document of a trophy hunter must be attached to the application for a predator trophy hunting permit.

Conditions of predator trophy hunting permit
114C. (1) A trophy hunter, trophy hunting guide and trophy hunting operator must read and acknowledge and sign the predator trophy hunting permit conditions before the hunt commences.
(2) A predator trophy hunting permit must be obtained before the hunt for a predator commences and must be in the physical possession of the trophy hunting guide while the predator is being hunted.
(3) The trophy hunting operator concerned must give notice of the predator hunt to the regional office of the Ministry seven days before the hunt commences.
(4) A predator trophy hunting permit is -
(a) issued to a trophy hunter;
(b) Permit is non-transferable; and
(c) valid for a period specified in the permit.

The new law regarding Leopard hunting in Namibia:
1. An outfitter that applies for Leopard tags can get a maximum of two per year, if awarded.
2. No more females may be hunted.
3. Males must have a scull measurement of 32 cm.
4. The Leopard may only be hunted on the property that the tag has been issued and that is on the permit.
5. Leopards may only be hunted half an hour after sunset and half an hour before sunrise.
6. If a Leopard is taken, photos must be taken at the spot where he was shot, and the hunter and PH must both sign the photographs.
7. Make sure all the correct forms have been filled in by your PH and that all are signed.
8. Leopard hunting with hounds is illegal.

I hope I helped to clear the above.

Hi Brickburn

The new law regarding Leopard hunting in Namibia:
1. An outfitter that applies for Leopard tags can get a maximum of two per year, if awarded.
2. No more females may be hunted.
3. Males must have a scull measurement of 32 cm.
4. The Leopard may only be hunted on the property that the tag has been issued and that is on the permit.
5. Leopards may only be hunted half an hour after sunset and half an hour before sunrise.
6. If a Leopard is taken, photos must be taken at the spot where he was shot, and the hunter and PH must both sign the photographs.
7. Make sure all the correct forms have been filled in by your PH and that all are signed.
8. Leopard hunting with hounds is illegal.

I hope I helped to clear the above.

Sylvia,
Is number five (5) correct or a typo?
The reason I ask is that to me it reads as Leopards may only be hunted at night?

Typo

sorry

Trophy hunting is restricted to the following timing:
from half an hour before sunrise until half an hour after sunset.

This hunt has been sold, thank you for all of the interest.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelitaAu

Latest profile posts

Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Jackal hunt on triggercam,