Went on an offshore fishing trip this past weekend and very lucky to see this Sunfish.

IMG-20200822-WA0013.jpg

I'll leave it to someone else to say where this is and what the alleged backstory is ... :) ...

View attachment 364544

Is it Skeleton Coast in Namibia? Hope I have time to see that location in 2 months after a successful hunt there. Fingers crossed

Is it Skeleton Coast in Namibia? Hope I have time to see that location in 2 months after a successful hunt there. Fingers crossed

Good guess ... but a bit too far north ... and rather than leave everyone in suspense ...

It's the Namib Desert ... just south of Swakopmund ... where some 1,700 horses and a bunch of mules were shot by the German Schutztruppe after becoming infected with Glanders Disease. This was during WWI.

They run tours out of Swakopmund. It ain't all that far, really ... a few miles, I suspect ... but you have to know how to find it amongst all those high dunes.

I have thought, at times, that tour companies "seed" it ... to keep it as an attraction ... but I HAVE ABSOLUTELY NO EVIDENCE OF THAT. It just occurred to me one day because it's been so long.

Here's another pic ... my son and our guide. Have a great trip.

1598550110139.png

First time I hunted water buffalo in the Northern Territory, Australia.
First time my buddy in the photo and I got within 40 yards of a bull.
Exciting Stuff!!
1598585228373.jpeg

1598585270407.jpeg

airborne sailfish.jpg

sunrise selous.JPG

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RaymondNie

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg
Living life like a lion for 1 day is better than living life like a jackal for 100 years.