Deals & offers
Media
Articles
Member of
Alain Lefol Safaris
Hunted
C.A.R., Tanzania, Zimbabwe & Chad
Hello everyone

We are working in new project one part of our concessions it's not accessible by car due rock barrier so the plan is going like in the early day of bongo hunting everything by fly camp and by foot and only able to do in the early season si from February to early April.
This part of the concession is along the Chinko River pretty long (18 miles) but not super wide the size is around 28 000 acres (11 500 hectares) it's more a Savanna type of area and with some swampy place nice hills and creek.
We have a good population of Western Roan, Central Savanna Buffalo, Giant Forest Hog,Sing-Sing Waterbuck, yellow back, bushbuck and other plains game. Probably some Lord Derby and Bongo but didn't had the time to really to do some good scouting for them at the moment.

I hope to start the first hunt like that in 2025

It will be a great adventure hunt.

Best Regards

20220324_103919.jpg

20220324_103318.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
This sounds like a great adventure. It also sounds like a voyage of discovery since you can not access it by vehicle. Do you have an estimate on cost yet?

Yes for sure we want there 2-3 times we have the road to the top but not more. Not yet for the price but for the first one I will do a special offer.

I’d be interested in more info on this when you get further along.

I think there will be enough interested people.

One should definitely bring a minimum of good physical condition and forget the usual luxury of the classic hunting camps. I can also go for long walks every day over a longer period of time, sleep in a tent in the evening, even without a shower. In all cases an interesting offer, but as already discussed before on the Forum, when Bongo hunting is involved, the price of the action can be for some of us a limiting factor. By the way, I am not interested in Bongo hunting.

A great idea, but probably for the really fit hunter. It would be good to know what would be required by way of climbing, walking distance per day, etc so that one can assess against your capabilities.

I'd be very interested just for the adventure side of it. When you have some more things figured out, could you let us or me know what the budget would look like?
Thanks a lot,
V.

A great idea, but probably for the really fit hunter. It would be good to know what would be required by way of climbing, walking distance per day, etc so that one can assess against your capabilities.
Yes there is some animal pass so you don't nead rope to climb after the waking capacity I will say a minimum of 15 km(9.5 miles) per day. After we can change the fly camp in the area. The goal is not to climb the rock barrier everyday except if we are following the game.

I'd be very interested just for the adventure side of it. When you have some more things figured out, could you let us or me know what the budget would look like?
Thanks a lot,
V.
Yes for sure

One can also work without fly camps and thus remain much more mobile for hunting a larger area. I am a mountaineer, a tent, a mat and a sleeping bag are enough for me.

One can also work without fly camps and thus remain much more mobile for hunting a larger area. I am a mountaineer, a tent, a mat and a sleeping bag are enough for me.
Yes for sure generally you hunt several days from the same camp. A team can move the camp during we are hunting also. We are doing the camp not far from spring to have good water.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
arecruitment880

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!