Cliffy

AH elite
Reaction score
Deals & offers
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Hunted
Hunted Zim, RSA (2), Namib(2), going again, Calif, Oregon, Arizona, Texas, Virginia, Idaho, South Dakota, Montana, Nevada, MO
I was waiting for official confirmation that our subject was accepted and we had a time slot before I
said too much. The "little woman" and are doing a seminar on "Africa-What's Stopping You"
at 12:30 to 1:30PM Saturday Jan 5th (we go up against Craig B, in the next room:).
We will discuss all the questions that the people that we have accompanied to Africa as first timers have asked us before going and we will elicite similar questions from the audience from those who are very hesitant to travel to Africa. This is not the usuall "how to do your first safari" seminar. We will delve into Accomodations, Safety, Health, Traveling To and Fro and Costs. The focus will be on South Africa and Namibia for first timers. If anyone wants to toss out ideas to be covered, all will be considered.

Cliffy way to go.

Good luck on your presentation..

Good luck Cliffy We'll be there to see it.

Congratulations Cliffy.
Should be interesting to see what questions you get.

way to go cliffy
with out a doubt you will enlighten and entertain all there
knock em dead champ

Good idea doing a husband and wife format. Suspect you will attract a number of couples and it is the distaff side of the equation who will drive a lot of decisions. So why not ten minutes on shopping? An extra day in Windhoek for the native co-op (fabrics, baskets, art, etc.); pick up a pretty gem stone in Omaruru; bargaining for bangels with the Ova Himba in all their ochre and cattle fat painted glory, etc. Most operators in PG hunting concessions are happy to set up side excursions for that sort of thing or plan several days going in or coming out.

One of the six subjects to be covered is "What do I do if I don't hunt?" Side trips are to be covered :)
Keep up the suggestions please. I don't want to miss anything.
Thanks

Congratulations Cliffy! I like the approach of your seminar and what a nice way to promote Africa. Best on your presentation and let us know how it went...

I was waiting for official confirmation that our subject was accepted and we had a time slot before I
said too much. The "little woman" and are doing a seminar on "Africa-What's Stopping You"
at 12:30 to 1:30PM Saturday Jan 5th (we go up against Craig B, in the next room:).
We will discuss all the questions that the people that we have accompanied to Africa as first timers have asked us before going and we will elicite similar questions from the audience from those who are very hesitant to travel to Africa. This is not the usuall "how to do your first safari" seminar. We will delve into Accomodations, Safety, Health, Traveling To and Fro and Costs. The focus will be on South Africa and Namibia for first timers. If anyone wants to toss out ideas to be covered, all will be considered.

Cliffy... great topic and something us Outfitters need to know and address from as broad a perspective as possible. I will try make it to the seminar. "What's stopping you?" is definitely something I want to know about - I am personally very keen to know Tanzania-specific reasons that may be a deterrent to potential hunters. This would help me a great deal in advising the government and Wildlife Division accordingly in my new capacity as an industry representative. Look forward to meeting up.

We leave Wed. morning for Dallas via our own small plane. The seminar is in the can and ready and we are looking forward to seeing any of you who wish to drop by to fill our 40 seats. Going up against a big gun like Craig B. is still like David and Goliath.
If any of you have a need to get a hold of me while we are there I should have my phone with me 702 845-3376.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VenusPined

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Coltwoody@me.com
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross