Ok I am booked— thanks for all the help

Awesome itinerary!

Ok, now the details. Bring a rifle or rent one? Have you converted a room in your house for the beginning stage of packing?

After much discussion and angst I think we are going to rent rifles— all the travel is going to make it a PITA to carry and honestly, the only game animal I (at least at this point) am not gonna shoot on my list on this trip is a Buffalo. Oh who am I kidding— if the right buff shows himself— I’ll whack him. I think that may be another trip and possibly a Namibia deal— for more of a Captstick feel— as far as the packing — not sure what you mean. everything I read says 3 days clothes, plus a couple nice shirts and 1 pair nice pants for the 5 star dinner at the Victoria falls hotel— or a restaurant close by the PH raves about thats a can’t miss. A bigger issue is do I pack fishing stuff for the tiger fishing deal? Tigers on top waters that sounds interesting to me.

Looks to be an epic adventure. Have fun, be safe!

After much discussion and angst I think we are going to rent rifles— all the travel is going to make it a PITA to carry and honestly, the only game animal I (at least at this point) am not gonna shoot on my list on this trip is a Buffalo. Oh who am I kidding— if the right buff shows himself— I’ll whack him. I think that may be another trip and possibly a Namibia deal— for more of a Captstick feel— as far as the packing — not sure what you mean. everything I read says 3 days clothes, plus a couple nice shirts and 1 pair nice pants for the 5 star dinner at the Victoria falls hotel— or a restaurant close by the PH raves about thats a can’t miss. A bigger issue is do I pack fishing stuff for the tiger fishing deal? Tigers on top waters that sounds interesting to me.

The anticipation of a trip is always a joy for me. I find myself thinking through what I want to bring, then trying to figure out if I will use it. I’m not one to overpack, but I like to feel prepared when I arrive. The random things in my hunting backpack that I find useful are a result of a lot of trial and error. The list of what to pack for a big trip gets started on my phone and expands and contracts as the trip gets closer. The forethought and research in advance of the trip make is more enjoyable.
You have an epic adventure coming!

Take some new rapela top water lures and several other favorites. Plan on leaving them with boat guide. They have horrible gear and few places to buy any

You might want to rethink that driving to Mozambique. The road to Maputo is or was the top kidnapping area of the country. I know, I passed on that opportunity when I left Kruger, I had my wife and daughter with me.

Don’t forget to go the Zambia side of the falls too.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FrederickD

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross