Ok gotta ask what is it with hunting outfitters that have no prices on their website?

outwestidaho

AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Member of
SCI, NRA
Hunted
South Africa, cape of south Africa , Namibia, Alaska, British Columbia, Manitoba
What is it with outfitters that have no prices on their website, and when I email for one I never hear a word ? I'm currently on #5 now. No response. Crickets ! I have even double emailed some of them. Have been to Africa 5 times and I know things can be slow. I think 2 months is plenty of time for a reply . I have also written a couple that have prices on their web sites . Normally I receive a reply with in 2 days. Go figure !

It's summer, vacation time! Don't feel bad. I've emailed a few small firearm/accessory machine shops and same thing, crickets! Truth be told, it's all Trump's fault.

What is it with outfitters that have no prices on their website, and when I email for one I never hear a word ? I'm currently on #5 now. No response. Crickets ! I have even double emailed some of them. Have been to Africa 5 times and I know things can be slow. I think 2 months is plenty of time for a reply . I have also written a couple that have prices on their web sites . Normally I receive a reply with in 2 days. Go figure !
Maybe try some of the fine outfitter that are sponsors here on Africahunting.com. Good luck with your research.

Take Care,
Marius Goosen

That gets to be pretty frustrating. As hunters, we want good communication before a hunt. Can be a lot of $$ spent just on a deposit. If they won't answer the initial inquiry in a timely manner its hard to go ahead. I, also like a price list on a web site. Want to plan ahead as best I can.
Sometimes you wonder if the company got the email. I will say that there could be a number of companies go out of business as the result of little to no hunting this year. They are struggling. Been very tough on them this year.
My suggestion is if they have a phone number on their website is to use whatsApp and send them a text message. Normally that will get a response.
Bruce

My personal policy is not to do business with companies who do not post prices. They say it to provide you with a personal quote. I believe it is a sales tactic to reel you in before hitting you with high prices.

There are plenty good companies who post their prices. I do business with them

Pick a AH sponsor outfitter and PM them. I bet you get a reply. I also bet they post their prices on their websites or will give you an even better packaged deal.

The want to keep their hand close to the vest (from their competition,) OR they want to research you (like American car salesmen, et. al.) to see what you do for a living and price the package accordingly....

The outfitter I contacted has his price list posted on his website, with the exception of cape buffalo, roan, elephant and other members of the "Big 5". This is probably because the trophy fees depend on government regulations, concession fees and other factors. I did not ask.

When requested, my PH quickly provided quotes on 2 animals not on his list and explained the best times of the season to hunt them, assisting with my travel plans. He also immediately provided a list of 6 references from all over the world. I followed-up and contacted every one of them and all had very positive comments.

My hunt, scheduled for earlier this year, had to be rescheduled for 2021 and my PH is honoring my deposit and has been in constant communication with updates on travel to the RSA and other topics.

PHs like the one I selected are the ones less likely to come up with surprises and provide a better reassurance they will exhibit their professionalism during your safari.

The want to keep their hand close to the vest (from their competition,) OR they want to research you (like American car salesmen, et. al.) to see what you do for a living and price the package accordingly....
Thats my feelings on it also !

Maybe try some of the fine outfitter that are sponsors here on Africahunting.com. Good luck with your research.

Take Care,
Marius Goosen
Yes Marius, I generally get great responses from sponsors here ! Most have great info on their web sites. When I have ask questions they are promptly answered. I had contacted you about a year or so ago and you were right on it with a reply. But I have contacted a couple on here with no response.
Thank you sir, at some point we will book a hunt with you. I have been to south Africa 4 times. 1 time in Namibia. We are wanting to go back to Namibia and collect MT. Zebra and a Kudu for the wife. Plus a Damara Dik Dik etc. Were a little picky about things also. Thank you !

It has been my experience that outfitters who don't post prices seem to do majority of their booking through agents. The website is there just as a modern convenience rather than a marketing tool.

Yes Marius, I generally get great responses from sponsors here ! Most have great info on their web sites. When I have ask questions they are promptly answered. I had contacted you about a year or so ago and you were right on it with a reply. But I have contacted a couple on here with no response.
Thank you sir, at some point we will book a hunt with you. I have been to south Africa 4 times. 1 time in Namibia. We are wanting to go back to Namibia and collect MT. Zebra and a Kudu for the wife. Plus a Damara Dik Dik etc. Were a little picky about things also. Thank you !
That should be a pretty simple order for any outfit in Namibia. The Dik Dik has to be the most incredible little animal in the Tiny 10 slam. They are beyond beautiful. I got to take one with my bow on foot last year and planning on having a full mount.
Good luck sir. That sounds like a fun hunt.

@outwestidaho
1. Outfitters that do not have prices on web site - for me they are TURN OFF
2. Outfitters, or any company in any other line of work, that does not reply to email, for me they are TURN OFF.

As someone has said earlier, try to contact the ourfitter who is sponsor on this web site - they operate in transparent way, and they reply to emails.

@JKO HUNTING SAFARIS has prices on our packages, but we don't have the typical a la carte type menu that you frequently see. The simple reason is we hunt a number of properties in RSA in addition to other countries. If you have a list in mind, please email it to me and we will customize a package for you.

I would be very wary of any outfitter that does not provide complete information, including pricing, on its website. If you can, come to the Dallas Safari Club Convention in Feb. 2021 and you can speak directly to dozens of reputable, qualified outfitters.

my prices are on my website

as are most of the sponsors on this site

Prices do change with availability of animals and properties available to hunt-but-I’ve had excellent success with the operators on this site and when they don’t have prices posted, they have been quick to respond. Hope you find what you are after, Namibia is on my “someday” list for sure

The lack of response would be more of an issue to me. Not posting any pricing is more something I see as just a decision that, in the age instant gratification, will just cost them customers that can look elsewhere and more easily and conveniently shop pricing. Sending deposits/funds internationally is inherently risky and doing so better be preceded by research and references. Add in that, quite unfortunately, covid has permanently closed many businesses and I'm certain that the africa hunting industry isnt an exception. Timely response is non negotiable. It's not like calling someone locally of course, theres time zone differences and infrastructure differences (internet and phone access), to consider but yeah 2 months isnt acceptable.

I have deposits on 2 safaris, one with Nick Nolte Safaris and one with @KMG Hunting Safaris . Both had spectacular communication from the very beginning, and on through this global mess we are in that required both to be rescheduled. Add in great reviews and references, that's what I'm looking for in any customer service experience but especially one that includes international travel (with guns)

I have deposits on 2 safaris, one with Nick Nolte Safaris and one with @KMG Hunting Safaris . Both had spectacular communication from the very beginning, and on through this global mess we are in that required both to be rescheduled. Add in great reviews and references, that's what I'm looking for in any customer service experience but especially one that includes international travel (with guns)

I’ve been on two African hunts and they were with the same outfitters you mentioned! Both are top notch, you’ll have great hunts!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HongPilgri

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg