Official Measurement Done-6 Book animals.

Divernhunter

AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Member of
Life member NRA and NAHC Escalon Sportsmans club, Manteca sportsman club and Coalinga Rifle Club. Member of SCI
Hunted
USA, RSA
After a fantastic spot and stalk hunt on a huge place with Iliwa Safarias in SA I have been waiting for our animals to arrive home.
They got here and I had them officially measured. I was a bit surprised to find we took 6 book animals which were most of the animals we brought home.
Here is a run down of them:
Waterbuck scored 76 6/8"---book 70"
Impala scored 61 5/8" book 54"
Impala scoed 54 5/8" book 54"
Red Hartebeest scored 68 7/8" book 62"
Blue Wildebeest scored 78" book 70"
Blesbuck scored 44 3/8" book 39"

Gemsbuck missed by 3" and Springbuck missed by 2"
Not bad for a budget hunt for an old, fat, partly cripped guy and his daughter. All were one shot kills using a 257Roberts(my daughter) and 338win mag (me) at ranges from 135 yards to 480 yards. I am a happy hunter now waiting on the hides to get tanned then the mounts done.

Congrats! Nothing like a happy hunter! Sounds like Rooster Cogburn. "A one eyed fat man weighed down with whiskey and iron!"

Congratulations.
That is a great record.

Congrats! Nothing like a happy hunter! Sounds like Rooster Cogburn. "A one eyed fat man weighed down with whiskey and iron!"

+1, could not agree more! Good job!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RooseveltM

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg