AH veteran
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
SCI, FMFG
Hunted
Canada (BC, AB), RSA (Limpopo), RSA (KwaZulu-Natal)
So I have a co-worker that has been bugging me to bag a warthog for him on my next trip to Africa so he can hopefully have it turned into a custom mount. He has offered to pay the trophy fee and taxidermy of course.

So the question...is it possible to have a full mount of a warthog standing on it's hind legs in such a fashion that it could hold a pool cue in one hand?

No joke this is actually what he wants.

ha ha ha , that's original
im sure dennis can do this to and above any of your mates expectations .
you must post pictures ,tho , bro

Yes sir NOT A PROBLEM I have some tanned life-size warthog skins right now ready to mount
No need to worry about trophy fees or import issues at all. I have a lot of stock tanned mountable game skins.
Most here know I can handle this.
You want him shooting or just standing holding it?
Maybe chaulking the stick with his back foot and the chaulk tube between his toes balanced on one foot?
Anything is possible and within the realm of reality with me.
Thanks

there you go johnny , tell oldmate to get the cheque book out ..........

Sounds like all you need is some imagination and Dennis as a taxidermist and it can be done.

Yes sir NOT A PROBLEM I have some tanned life-size warthog skins right now ready to mount
No need to worry about trophy fees or import issues at all. I have a lot of stock tanned mountable game skins.
Most here know I can handle this.
You want him shooting or just standing holding it?
Maybe chaulking the stick with his back foot and the chaulk tube between his toes balanced on one foot?
Anything is possible and within the realm of reality with me.
Thanks

That's great Dennis . I'll certainly ask him when I am back to work next week.

Would you be able to PM me a rough idea of pricing for something like that so I can get him in the ballpark?

If he wants to send me the money I can get my ex- wife to come over and hold a pool stick, on second thought let Dennis do the wart hog, it would be much more pleasant to be around. Lol

If he wants to send me the money I can get my ex- wife to come over and hold a pool stick, on second thought let Dennis do the wart hog, it would be much more pleasant to be around. Lol

If she's anything like my ex, the warthog mount would be a hell of a lot cheaper too.

If she's anything like my ex, the warthog mount would be a hell of a lot cheaper too.

I just shot coffee out of my nose so thanks for that...

So I have a co-worker that has been bugging me to bag a warthog for him on my next trip to Africa so he can hopefully have it turned into a custom mount. He has offered to pay the trophy fee and taxidermy of course.

So the question...is it possible to have a full mount of a warthog standing on it's hind legs in such a fashion that it could hold a pool cue in one hand?

No joke this is actually what he wants.

That is possibly one of the greatest ideas ever...

I'm not as creative as Dennis, but I'm envisioning a Fedora on its head and perhaps a cigarette dangling from the mouth.

Royal ......LOL I think you and I would get along very well if we ever had the chance to hang out together....LOL

Royal ......LOL I think you and I would get along very well if we ever had the chance to hang out together....LOL

We're gonna have to do that some day soon Dennis!

Heck, I'd love to come visit your shop sometime. That would be cool.... and if nothing else, I just need to get that leopard hunt done then all excuses will be gone. :)

Stand him in the corner with a 2 life-size cutouts of Tom Cruise and Paul Newman on each side.....
"The Color of Warty"

This got me laughing and remembering a departed friend of mine who was a very longtime taxidermist with a great sense of humor. Sitting on top and near the very end of his home bar was a baboon seated on its haunches . . . . a closer look would reveal that the smiling baboon was proudly holding an abundance of erect manhood. What a great companion that baboon would have been for a warthog holding a cue stick.

I'll always remember that humorous mount and my good friend who was never without a smile.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Efren35C00

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross