Oak and Leather Case DIY

The outer frames are 1x2 or 1x3 I’m assuming, but what are the top and bottom? Solid panelling?
All 1/2 in thick with the top and bottom machined down to 1/2" from an 8x1 or 1x8 for some of you.
Photo0981.jpg

That’s what I was thinking! Looks amazing
Von Gruff, that is some really fine work you’ve done! I’ve also been fiddling with repairing old gun cases/trunks. Lots of patience required. I wish my work was up to your standards, and I concur that the cartridge block looks great.

Von Gruff, that is some really fine work you’ve done! I’ve also been fiddling with repairing old gun cases/trunks. Lots of patience required. I wish my work was up to your standards, and I concur that the cartridge block looks great.
Thank you. Have always liked "making stuff" and fortunately guns and knives with their associated bits form the main part of that

I made a case for my double in 470Ne mainly for using to/from the range. The hides been used are Kudu, Blue Wildebeest and a Red Stag for the inner lid:

IMG_1003.jpeg
IMG_1012.jpeg
IMG_1011.jpeg
IMG_1022.jpeg
IMG_1017.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DenaI60135

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Looking to hire Odoo developers in UAE, USA In o2b technologies has skilled and experienced Odoo developers at competitive pricing Consult Now!

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!