O R Tambo SAPS Office Hours?

Puddle

Bronze supporter
AH enthusiast
Reaction score
I've an upcoming early morning arrival to OR Tambo and I just had a thought (rare that those are) that SAPS office hours likely don't include being open around 4am.

Anyone know what the office hours are?

I arrived on the Qatar flight that lands at 4AM from Doha this past year.. SAPs wasn't a problem at all.. there were 2 people working in the office when we got there.. Henry's team @riflepermits.com greeted us once we got through customs and immigration and walked us through SAPs in less than 5 minutes (no one else in line in front of us)..

Ive also arrived on a 6AM flight from Frankfurt (I don't think that flight is available anymore?).. no issues then either..

I was there at 4am back in June and they were open, I think that with the amount of flights coming in with hunters that they are a 24 hour station.

But then I also had Rifle Permits.com with me

Same here. Arrived at 4 am. No issue especially if Henry's team is there.

I had the inbound flight from Doha at 4AM last year and the year before. Henry and his team from @riflepermits.com was there to meet us and we were out in less then 10 minutes with two of us. The year before I did it alone and it took more than an hour and lunch money for a few SAP officers.
The return flight wasn’t nearly as easy. I wish Henry did a check in service as well. It took Qatar nearly three hours to get two rifles and a long bow checked checked in. Almost missed our flight. The Qatar staff at LAX was more squared away to receive hunters than OR Tambo.

Henry and his team from @riflepermits.com was there to meet us and we were out in less then 10 minutes
Ditto!

If it's out of the ordinary, go see (or email/call) Henry!
To avoid travel problems contact Jennifer at Travel Express!

As far as I know they are open 24 hours and have been before COVID also.

D
I arrived on the Qatar flight that lands at 4AM from Doha this past year.. SAPs wasn't a problem at all.. there were 2 people working in the office when we got there.. Henry's team @riflepermits.com greeted us once we got through customs and immigration and walked us through SAPs in less than 5 minutes (no one else in line in front of us)..

Ive also arrived on a 6AM flight from Frankfurt (I don't think that flight is available anymore?).. no issues then either..
ditto

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ModestaHac

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg