AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Australia/NZ
Hunted
New Zealand, Austaralia
Sweet set up. Looks somewhat similar to the Sauer 200 STR and the SSG3000 barrel change . Bolt locks into barrel, barrel is clamped into the action. Makes for a quick change and the ones I have used have been extremely accurate. I can change the barrel quickly with nothing more than an Allen wrench.

Hardy Rifle is a NZ co and have the 6 1/2 lb switch barrel rifle called the hybrid

Here is a short video of how you change the barrel and bolt head out for changing calibers:

Here is all of the chamberings offered:
https://www.hardyrifle.co.nz/available-chambering

Here is the company homepage:
https://www.hardyrifle.co.nz/
@Von Gruff
Gary absolutely brilliant and the even do it in 35 Whelen.
Can't understand the 5mm rem mag as they don't even make ammo for it .

@Von Gruff
Gary absolutely brilliant and the even do it in 35 Whelen.
Can't understand the 5mm rem mag as they don't even make ammo for it .
Agila manufacturers 5mm RF ammo and has for several years. Before they started making it again most of the 5mm Remington rifles here could be had for next to nothing. I bought one once in a small gun store and the owner saw me looking at it, he told me he would throw in the gun if I bought the shells. Lol. I walked out with the rifle and 100 rounds for 150 bucks. The 5mm would probably be absolute hell on NZ varmints. What a battery 5mm RF and 35W!

Agila manufacturers 5mm RF ammo and has for several years. Before they started making it again most of the 5mm Remington rifles here could be had for next to nothing. I bought one once in a small gun store and the owner saw me looking at it, he told me he would throw in the gun if I bought the shells. Lol. I walked out with the rifle and 100 rounds for 150 bucks. The 5mm would probably be absolute hell on NZ varmints. What a battery 5mm RF and 35W!
@Bullthrower338
Cody
You can't get 5mm rem mag ammo in Oz for love or money. I always thought it was a great round after seeing it in use. Much better than the 22mag in my books.

@Bullthrower338
Cody
You can't get 5mm rem mag ammo in Oz for love or money. I always thought it was a great round after seeing it in use. Much better than the 22mag in my books.
30 gn bullet at 2410 or the 35 gn at 2100 is reasonable but the 20 Vartarg can have the 35gn Nosler SHOTS bullet at 2700 with just 9gn Blue Dot and the cases last forever or can step it up to 3700fps for the 34gn Berger over 19.2gn 2207/H4198 with exceptional accuracy, and mine has killed truckloads of rabbits and a few goats with these laods

I have inquired about multi/3 barrel set up so we will see what the quote is. If its repeatable zero like he says then ill definitely have to give one a go! Hell by the time you replace 3 high end hunting rifles you can get to the $6,000 real fast anyway! lol!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
markekcertifications

Latest profile posts

Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you