Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
DSC, NRA, SCI
Hunted
USA - TX, CO, GA, ID. Africa - Zimbabwe, Zambia, and South Africa (Limpopo and EC)
This should make any liberals eye twitch!

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2018/05/0...o-become-nra-president-organization-says.html

Lt. Col. Oliver North to become NRA president, organization says

By Katherine Lam | Fox News

Oliver North to become next NRA president

North will take over the position occupied by Pete Brownell, who did not seek a second term as NRA president. North will be retiring from his role at Fox News effective immediately.

Lt. Col. Oliver North is set to become the president of the National Rifle Association of America, a process the NRA Board of Directors initiated Monday, the group announced.

North will be retiring from his role at Fox News effective immediately. He will be taking over the position occupied by Pete Brownell, who did not seek a second term as NRA president.

"I am honored to have been selected by the NRA Board to soon serve as this great organization's President," North said in a news release. "I appreciate the board initiating a process that affords me a few weeks to set my affairs in order, and I am eager to hit the ground running as the new NRA President."

The NRA announced that Oliver North will become President of the National Rifle Association of America within a few weeks, a process the NRA Board of Directors initiated Monday morning. (AP)

NRA Executive Vice President and CEO Wayne LaPierre called North a "legendary warrior for American freedom, a gifted communicator and skilled leader." LaPierre called the North announcement "the most exciting news for our members since Charlton Heston became President of our Association."

North served 22 years as a Marine and was part of the National Security Council staff during the Reagan administration. He hosted a documentary series titled "War Stories with Oliver North" and was a contributor on Fox News.

North made headlines in the late 1980s for his role in arranging the secret sale of weapons to Iran and the diversion of the proceeds to the anti-communist Contra rebels in Nicaragua. He was convicted in 1989 of obstructing Congress during its investigation, destroying government documents and accepting an illegal gratuity. Those convictions were overturned in 1991.

NRA spokeswoman Dana Loesch congratulated North on his new position.

"Thrilled about the Oliver North news. A total warrior for freedom, this is the last person that anti-gun advocates would want as the new President of the NRA board," she tweeted.

The Associated Press contributed to this report.

Good for the NRA!

Good choice, I heard Alysa Mylano turned it down! Lol
Best of luck to Col. North!

An excellent move by the board, he'll be a strong leader.

BTW - It was good to see you at the NRA Convention @Royal27, its always nice to visit with another AH Member.

Interesting publicity move.

Surprised it pays more than he's already making.

BTW - It was good to see you at the NRA Convention @Royal27, its always nice to visit with another AH Member.
I was wanting to get over to meet you and talk about your Mountain Nyala hunt but Royal was making me look at guns!
Cheers,
Cody

Great move!

I was wanting to get over to meet you and talk about your Mountain Nyala hunt but Royal was making me look at guns!
Cheers,
Cody
Say it ain't so!

Agree!

And I loved the visit! It's always great to talk to you.

Liberal heads are exploding over the new NRA Prez.

Congratulations to Col. North. He's what the NRA needs.
Liberals... Sic 'em Olie!

Best of luck Ollie!

1. Illegally sold weapons to Iran
2. Wasn't smart enough to give the correct bank account for the illegal transfer
3. Intended to illegally support Contras with funds

...easy to see why people are excited for his leadership!

Colonel North has proven, time and again, that he is willing to sacrifice his personal comfort, freedom, reputation and even his life in order to accomplish the mission given to him by his grateful nation.

He is not worried about the opinions of the uninitiated.

I suspect he will do a fine job.

Tim

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LuciaWains

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg