NRA: Does anyone on AH know what is REALLY going on?

The cushy relationship between NRA board members and their advertising firm has been written about for years; but since it was from "regular" media, all the NRA boosters fan club discounted it. (see "Confessions of a Gun Lobbyist" for just one example)

I think its funny now they can't hide the troubling numbers, all the sudden a problem.

Many here would have watched "Under Wild Skies" with Tony Makris and seen Wayne LaPierre on the show.

How do you think all that got paid for?

Hint: Markis works for Ackerman McQueen.

The cushy relationship between NRA board members and their advertising firm has been written about for years; but since it was from "regular" media, all the NRA boosters fan club discounted it. (see "Confessions of a Gun Lobbyist" for just one example)

I think its funny now they can't hide the troubling numbers, all the sudden a problem.

Many here would have watched "Under Wild Skies" with Tony Makris and seen Wayne LaPierre on the show.

How do you think all that got paid for?

Hint: Markis works for Ackerman McQueen.

Tony is a very old and good friend of mine - couple of decades of being a good friend.

How did all what get paid for? I have no clue what you are talking about. But hint. The relationship between the show and the NRA is a business decision. As it is with it’s other sponsors like Blaser and the folks who pay to broadcast it. Thus far, the break with Ackerman is not affecting that relationship. I think that is wise, from the NRA’s perspective, since it is one of the few non- bubba outdoor shows surviving.

If you are interested rather than merely making assumptions, the business case simply pays for the six-week’s of hunting. Tony and his spouse do exceedingly well in their day jobs. Working a TV program that simply underwrites his hunting strikes me as fairly astute. It also makes the show relatively cheap to produce and market (I’ll spell it out so you understand - he isn’t trying to make a living with it). I only wish I had thought of it. Should NRA move on, he will have other sponsors.

Last edited:
https://www.usnews.com/news/nationa...-26/nra-shuts-down-live-programming-arm-nratv

The link above is just one of a recent string of articles about financial issues, infighting and fiscal waste within the NRA. Since there are a lot of members of this forum that are also long-term NRA members (like me), I thought I should ask if anyone has real insight into what is up.

Personally, I've always been suspicious of NRA spending and fund raising. I seem to get one funds request by mail or email from them each week. I also start getting "your membership is expiring" within 2-3 months of paying my dues.

Now the allegations of board members profiting and executive leadership are starting to worry me.

I'd like to know what is true and what is not.

PS: I tried to search out any other posts before starting this thread. If someone else has a similar thread, please point me in that direction. Thanks.

browningbbr
My last request for money I wrote "no way until La peero" was gone and sent it back..I read the guy spent nearly a half million in one afternoon shopping in Beverly Hills..on top of high dollar car rentals and chauffeurs over seas.....I hate it but thinking about dropping membership unless it's cleaned up fast.,

You do know that the ones opening up those mailers are $15 a hour flunkies don't you?

And anything that doesn't have to do with the money that you would of sent in just gets dumped.

I've been a life member for as long as I can remember, and I think the NRA definitely does some good because they are such a powerful lobby.. But some house cleaning is long overdue, starting at the top!

And I sure didn't like their stance on bumpstocks, when Trump mentioned banning them they (NRA) jumped right on board.. I'm a Trump supporter (although he's not near as conservative as I'd prefer) but his use of Executive powers on the bump stocks could lead to major overreach in the future. I don't like bump stocks, think they're a gimmick good for only wasting ammo, but I dislike the government telling what I can own not own even less.. And now Trump says he doesn't like suppressors, we'll see what the NRA's stance is on that.
I feel exactly the same way. Especially since a big part of my business is suppressor sales. He has not been very pro gun to say the least.

Full disclosure, I am no longer an NRA member. I was for many years but after seeing years of failure to promote gun rights and education, I decided to not renew my membership. Their refusal to speak up about the killing of Philando Castile only confirmed my decision. The NRA has a long and sordid history of backing gun control legislation, especially when it had a disparate impact against minority gun owners. If the NRA wants me back, then they need to defend ALL gun owners and actually work to EXPAND gun rights to all people.

Interesting article about the NRA.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/...ne-lapierre-gun-rights-lobbying-a8985936.html

I've never like LaPierre and I have my reasons, but I do believe that we do need the NRA more than ever, and the left is afraid of it's power.

I am just a little guy, but I could not agree more with the guy in the article, except you need an odd number of board member and not an even. And quite frankly, those same suggestion need to be applied to SCI too.

Above story now reported on Fox News.

Interesting article about the NRA.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/...ne-lapierre-gun-rights-lobbying-a8985936.html

I've never like LaPierre and I have my reasons, but I do believe that we do need the NRA more than ever, and the left is afraid of it's power.

I've been trying to locate a website for David Dell'Aquila so that I can get more information, but none of the major search engines bring it up on a search. They may be blocking it, I don't know for sure. Only anti-NRA articles pop up.

Does anyone have a link?

I've been trying to locate a website for David Dell'Aquila so that I can get more information, but none of the major search engines bring it up on a search. They may be blocking it, I don't know for sure. Only anti-NRA articles pop up.

Does anyone have a link?

Jeff Knox website:

http://www.savethe2a.org

I believe that he is somewhat aligned Mr. Dell’Aquila

Does anyone have a link?

https://helpsavethenra.com/blog/

Reactions: BWH
Kiss and tell book from former NRA guy.........

Exclusive: NRA's former No. 2 official Joshua Powell describes 'decades of fraud, corruption' inside lobby group
Susan Page
USA TODAY

I don't know details..... but I have heard for years of problems/scandals. I don't react to every little rumor I hear. I had a friend tell me probably 10 years ago, who's father was personal friends of Wayne LaPierre's, that he would never give another dime until he was gone. So that tells me something. There have been several people & organizations that have chosen to distance themselves, some slowly & quietly, some more abruptly..... insert Yeti.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JohnT3006

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg