Not looking good for uk gun owners....

Typical knee jerking liberal agenda. One nut case goes and kills some innocent people. Let's fix it by banning guns from gun owners. Phucking idiots.

Hopefully when the shit starts we will kill them out of Montana in short order. I’ve been gone from this wonderful piece of God’s creation for 30 years and the liberal Douchebag influence has gotten much to strong, I’ve slapped a few of them to the ground since I returned but it seems that most of the people with the level of tolerance for that stuff has left when I did. I found that these people thought they could spew there ideals in your face, obviously without any problems. A palm across the face seems to shut them up, but be sure, be a pussy and let them talk their liberal shit and it will be the Bay Area of California regardless of where you live. Bitch about it and watch it happen or show them you won’t tolerate their shit. I’m tired of hearing people whine about it! If you are willing to give up a little of your freedom, by all means take your purse and get in the corner

Exactly, and that is the say stance we should take towards those liberal antihunting tree huggers. They use everything in their power to discredit us and hurt our sport. Meanwhile, some will sit back and say we can't lower our self to their standards, blah, blah, blah. Horse sh*t, it's time the gloves come off and we need to fight back, and fight back dirty if we have to, or our kids and grandkids will not have a place to hunt. We need to wake up!

Add Wisconsin to your list. Remove Montana and Wyoming. Nice people over there if you get to know them which takes awhile. They are pretty cold and suspicious of outsiders since they’ve assumed a position in the shower and California keeps telling them to reach for the soap!
We may have to agree to disagree on Wyoming. I mean we still have open carry allowed. Occasionally I go into Wal-Mart and see someone with a pistol on their hip. I haven't seen anyone get too excited. Maybe over to Jackson Hole where the Billionaires are running out the Millionaires................
Our state gun laws are pretty tame.
Bruce

We may have to agree to disagree on Wyoming. I mean we still have open carry allowed. Occasionally I go into Wal-Mart and see someone with a pistol on their hip. I haven't seen anyone get too excited. Maybe over to Jackson Hole where the Billionaires are running out the Millionaires................
Our state gun laws are pretty tame.
Bruce

You missed my point. The laws of WY and MT are just fine. Moving there is pretty tricky as you'll be an outsider held in suspicion for a good long time. (maybe a few generations)

At first blush, you'd assume they are just cocky jerks in part. In reality, they are wisely suspicious because Californians are trying to screw up their politics and way of life. A new voter showing up, probably bringing their screwed up ideas to their bedrock communities is surely a terrifying prospect.

Conclusion: Biggest D's I've met in rural America have been in MT and WY. I understand why, I completely forgive them with no grudges held.

A big problem here in the US is that the liberals are taking over, even in the largest conservative states.

Colorado used to be a fantastic firearm state, now look at it. You can call it California East or New York West. The liberals control the government in Denver and are pushing for more gun control laws this year, most of which will pass with a veto proof margin. So it won't matter what the liberal governor does.

Montana is getting close to it also along with Texas and Wyoming. The liberals are moving to the larger cities and have enough votes to over ride the rest of the state. If I remember right Trump only won Texas by a couple of percentage points this last election.

The great state of Colorado is a great example. I worry that my state, the great Florida could also go the same way. Even DeSantis came close to losing to about the biggest looser in life. I love our Freedom’s here in Florida and hope we the course.

I wonder what the requirements currently are to own firearms in this jurisdiction.
Our legislation is already quite restrictive but does desperately need administrative reform. In England all guns that develop a muzzle energy of greater than 12ftlbs are restricted according to category. Section 1 firearms include sporting/target rifles, long barreled revolvers or semi automatic.22 long barreled pistols and shotguns with a magazine capacity of greater than 2+1 or a barrel length under. Section 2 are shotguns with >24 inch barrel and 2+1 or less capacity. Section 5 firearms are prohibited and include all small firearms (handguns) semiautomatic centre-fire rifles, full auto etc
To buy a section 1 firearm such as a sporting rifle we have to apply for a firearm certificate and specify what calibre and type of firearm we want such as 30/06 bolt action rifle. For each firearm we have to give good reason for ownership that may be membership of a target club, having a deer stalking lease or for control of foxes. These reasons must be genuine and supported by documentation and each firearm must only be used for the purpose on the certificate. Ammunition for section 1 firearms is also controlled and the number of live rounds we can possess is limited. If we want to sell one 30/06 rifle and buy another we have to dispose of the first one and document this transfer, apply for a further permission to acquire a new rifle before purchase.
Currently the process is administered by each county or regions police force which leads to a postcode lottery how each application will be treated. It needs to be centralised to promote uniformity of decision making and any unnecessary steps removed. Waiting lists for any variation often takes months and grants of new certificates can take years. The process is broken and this is blamed on underfunding. I would love to see a less draconian system in place but I can’t see it getting better if I’m honest.

In 1964, our future President said this:

“If we lose freedom here, there is no place to escape. This is the last stand on earth.”

I believe this is still true today.

If like-minded people would immigrate here, you would be welcomed by your neighbors with opened arms.

Settle in:

Texas
Arkansas
Louisiana
Mississippi
Alabama
Georgia (in a weird situation now, but it will settle down to our side)
Wyoming
Montana
South Carolina
Florida
Tennessee
Kentucky
West Virginia
Just a reminder: the guy who said that, signed FOPA (containing the Hughes Amendment), which basically destroyed our right to own machineguns manufactured after 1986. Why didn't I cry with outrage in 1986? I was 2 years old...so I was probably crying, but for different reasons. Thanks, Uncle Ronnie!

Just a reminder: the guy who said that, signed FOPA (containing the Hughes Amendment), which basically destroyed our right to own machineguns manufactured after 1986. Why didn't I cry with outrage in 1986? I was 2 years old...so I was probably crying, but for different reasons. Thanks, Uncle Ronnie!

At the time, Republicans (not Libertarians!) were most concerned with "those minorities" and "their crack" coming out of the cities and taking over. Banning machine guns along with stricter penalties for crack and other street drugs was all part of a WASPY country-club Republican approach to managing crime and the lower class.

Thankfully, most of those Republicans are gone now and have been replaced with constitutionalists that care as much for black rights as white rights or any other citizens.

A big problem here in the US is that the liberals are taking over, even in the largest conservative states.

Colorado used to be a fantastic firearm state, now look at it. You can call it California East or New York West. The liberals control the government in Denver and are pushing for more gun control laws this year, most of which will pass with a veto proof margin. So it won't matter what the liberal governor does.

Montana is getting close to it also along with Texas and Wyoming. The liberals are moving to the larger cities and have enough votes to over ride the rest of the state. If I remember right Trump only won Texas by a couple of percentage points this last election.

Unfortunately, your right. At least in Texas we have a state constitutional right to hunt. But the D’s are certainly making waves about banning AR-15, etc this session, they think they have the wind behind them because of the Uvalde shooting. Hopefully, there are still enough rural R’s and D’s to keep that from passing. But it’s hard to stay firm, when you have a stream of parents with dead children coming before you asking to to ban those guns. And my condolences go out to each of those families.

I'm a little concerned about Texas, which should be the most solid state in the US.

I wish the Governor would step-up. Please elect one who is a bit more "solid" next time.

And I'm not saying that Georgia's is superior either. If he would have gone with a true Patriot as a Senatorial replacement last time, we would not have a situation where we have 2 liberal U.S. Senators who represent hardly any Georgian.

To buy a section 1 firearm such as a sporting rifle we have to apply for a firearm certificate and specify what calibre and type of firearm we want such as 30/06 bolt action rifle. For each firearm we have to give good reason for ownership that may be membership of a target club, having a deer stalking lease or for control of foxes. These reasons must be genuine and supported by documentation and each firearm must only be used for the purpose on the certificate
This must limit the hunting in Great Britain to the sport of only the very well heeled. I have to wonder how anyone there can afford or even use any of the fine British guns that reknowned craftsman there build.

Shotgun licensing is treated very differently to rifle/'firearm' licensing in the UK
This must limit the hunting in Great Britain to the sport of only the very well heeled. I have to wonder how anyone there can afford or even use any of the fine British guns that reknowned craftsman there build.

The police didn't do their job properly, so now the laws need to be changed? :Facepalm:

Sadly that song has been top of the charts in South Africa for many years too.

That's the same thing here in the US. They don't enforce the laws that are on the books or punish those who have firearms illegally but figure that more laws are the solution, as if the criminals will obey the laws.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ArtLuse26

Latest profile posts

Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you