Not looking good for uk gun owners....

That's the same thing here in the US. They don't enforce the laws that are on the books or punish those who have firearms illegally but figure that more laws are the solution, as if the criminals will obey the laws.
It's just as bad or worse here in Chinada, just to the north of you JimP

It's just as bad or worse here in Chinada, just to the north of you JimP

If it wasn't for our 2nd Amendment in our US Constitution we quite likely would be in the same boat.

But the liberals keep trying to trash it along with talking of repealing it. I'm glad to say that it won't be appealed in my lifetime but it really doesn't look good for the future generations.

I feel bad for our British friends. To one degree or another, ALL of us are being conditioned to be subjects and servants of a State rather than individuals with inherent rights.

All our political lobbying serves one purpose, to delay the inevitable. Eventually, and hopefully not in our nor our children’s lifetimes, there will be revolutions and the cycles of nations will repeat once more.

My advice is sincere, but to most will sound ridiculous. MOVE. Find a place that maximizes personal liberty. The Brits are doomed because their starting point is that of a subject and authority for personal life has been ceded to the Crown. The most conservative of Brits has still been conditioned to believe the State has the rights to make these decisions rather than realizing none of this adheres to natural law.

Move my friends. The US will be glad to have you (and our Canadian brothers too). Just pick a location wisely, half of the USA is no different than London or Vancouver ideologically, the difference is that pesky US constitution that inhibits a politicians grab for power.

I feel bad for our British friends. To one degree or another, ALL of us are being conditioned to be subjects and servants of a State rather than individuals with inherent rights.

All our political lobbying serves one purpose, to delay the inevitable. Eventually, and hopefully not in our nor our children’s lifetimes, there will be revolutions and the cycles of nations will repeat once more.

My advice is sincere, but to most will sound ridiculous. MOVE. Find a place that maximizes personal liberty. The Brits are doomed because their starting point is that of a subject and authority for personal life has been ceded to the Crown. The most conservative of Brits has still been conditioned to believe the State has the rights to make these decisions rather than realizing none of this adheres to natural law.

Move my friends. The US will be glad to have you (and our Canadian brothers too). Just pick a location wisely, half of the USA is no different than London or Vancouver ideologically, the difference is that pesky US constitution that inhibits a politicians grab for power.
^^^^this. They start with the small things, like speed limits, the color of your vehicle, how many lights on your vehicle; all in the name of "safety". It's just conditioning. Example: federal income taxes, which weren't a thing in America, until the early 1900's.

As it relates to Africa: I've read about murders and farm takeovers. I've often wondered abt how to help these ppl. I'd gladly get them in touch with classmates of mine who could help them with immigration paperwork. But then again, if I were in their shoes, I wouldn't want to leave my home country.

Rookhawk (I believe) made an excellent point somewhere along the line of ppl moving from slave states to free states and the cold welcome you may receive. He isn't wrong. I see ppl with the taint of slavery on them (CA, WA, OR plates or a hat or shirt, or even just the way they speak or carry themselves) and my hackles go up, I back away, and I avoid them. I don't hate them; I just don't want to be around them. Kneeling is contagious.

Hardly surprising. Veganism has spread through the UK like cancer. I doubt hunting will be legal there much longer. And hunt saboteurs and vegan farm raiders are legally protected by laws over there.

UK’s become one woke joke.

And mark my words. Anti hunting, anti gun and vegan organizations will keep spreading their sickness until we turn and fight them. If not for ourselves, then for our children and grandchildren. So that they can enjoy the free world.

Hardly surprising. Veganism has spread through the UK like cancer. I doubt hunting will be legal there much longer. And hunt saboteurs and vegan farm raiders are legally protected by laws over there.

UK’s become one woke joke.

And mark my words. Anti hunting, anti gun and vegan organizations will keep spreading their sickness until we turn and fight them. If not for ourselves, then for our children and grandchildren. So that they can enjoy the free world.

Just a bit of social commentary here. Yes, the UK has these issues with what is ultimately state tolerated domestic terrorism or harassment of citizens. America has it too, to a slightly lesser extent.

The difference? Vigilantism. If someone was to act as farm raiders, or sabotage hunts, or spike trees over here, 99% of the time they will get away with it. But 1% of the time, they’d be beaten so close to an inch of their life that they’d think twice of doing it again.

What Britain lacks is the American notion of “F&c% around and find out”. That missing ingredient in British culture has emboldened this incredibly tiny part of the population that is aggressive, savvy on social media, and gives the impression that the whole nation is with them and their bizarre/oppressive ideas.

I’m a law and order kinda guy, but I do smile a bit when this stuff was tried in the States. ELF was spiking trees in the Pacific NW to kill lumberjacks, fences were cut in Montana to liberate cattle, Marxists took over Kenosha and tried to burn it to the ground. In all cases, either misfortune befell the bad guys and the local police just never got around to figuring out the story, or a jury sent a message that we’re tired of this sh&t.

Regarding guns specifically, the laws are so onerous in the States that people just aren’t following them any more. That’s the law abiding with no criminal records that have given up. Example: 500,000 bump stocks were made, they were banned, BATF I believe received less than 500 of them total. Hmm.

Just a bit of social commentary here. Yes, the UK has these issues with what is ultimately state tolerated domestic terrorism or harassment of citizens. America has it too, to a slightly lesser extent.

The difference? Vigilantism. If someone was to act as farm raiders, or sabotage hunts, or spike trees over here, 99% of the time they will get away with it. But 1% of the time, they’d be beaten so close to an inch of their life that they’d think twice of doing it again.

What Britain lacks is the American notion of “F&c% around and find out”. That missing ingredient in British culture has emboldened this incredibly tiny part of the population that is aggressive, savvy on social media, and gives the impression that the whole nation is with them and their bizarre/oppressive ideas.

I’m a law and order kinda guy, but I do smile a bit when this stuff was tried in the States. ELF was spiking trees in the Pacific NW to kill lumberjacks, fences were cut in Montana to liberate cattle, Marxists took over Kenosha and tried to burn it to the ground. In all cases, either misfortune befell the bad guys and the local police just never got around to figuring out the story, or a jury sent a message that we’re tired of this sh&t.

Regarding guns specifically, the laws are so onerous in the States that people just aren’t following them any more. That’s the law abiding with no criminal records that have given up. Example: 500,000 bump stocks were made, they were banned, BATF I believe received less than 500 of them total. Hmm.
The normal instructions are that if you are targeted by protesters etc whilst shooting in the UK, all guns have to be unloaded and locked away as quickly as possible. To do anything else could lead to accusations of threatening behaviour with a firearm and you would be looking at a possible prison sentence and almost certainly a lifetime ban on firearms ownership. Even harsh words could lead to a ban.
Thankfully, organised disruption of shoots is fairly rare in shooting (other than grouse shooting), although definitely on the increase.

This must limit the hunting in Great Britain to the sport of only the very well heeled. I have to wonder how anyone there can afford or even use any of the fine British guns that reknowned craftsman there build.
It isn't too bad really, you are looking at $100 for a 5 year licence and you could get a really good second hand British gun for under $1000, or a decent Spanish boxlock for $250, a third of that for a non-ejector. The value is falling, as a lead shot ban is very likely in the near future. Only a very tiny percentage will buy new British guns, even the very wealthy seem to use mainly either older guns or new Spanish or Italian Guns.

Some of the less well-know British makers are much less, a new Longthorne over and under would be around $15,000, I think, although their share of the market will be fairly small.

In fact there are states, Texas is one, where the property owner is conveyed broad rights to protect that property to include the use of force. Force must be proportionate and the use of deadly force would be limited, but still rather broad by European (or New York) standards. I am fairly confident that Texas will be one of the last locations chosen for a farm or ranch "raid."

In fact there are states, Texas is one, where the property owner is conveyed broad rights to protect that property to include the use of force. Force must be proportionate and the use of deadly force would be limited, but still rather broad by European (or New York) standards. I am fairly confident that Texas will be one of the last locations chosen for a farm or ranch "raid."

I’m pretty sure that Alabama will be right there with you. If an intruder is shot in our county the sheriff will be complimenting the homeowner on his marksmanship.

I write this from my study next room is my armoury where I have 100 plus fully auto weapons all for the price of a parts kit in the USA ...suppressors I can purchase otc like a pack of smokes or a case if beer ..... my Holiday home different country I can own post 1945 fully auto again 1200 bucks for a m16a2 etc etc indeed m60s were on offer a few months back for 6k usd

I am just a regular joe so we are doing all right in Europe with firearms laws

Including the UK ...just don't believe the headlines

Stephen

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Wildkatr

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Coltwoody@me.com
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross