Nosler M48 Heritage rifle, any good?

Not familiar with the Fierce, but both the Cooper and Christensens are about another grand over the Nosler I believe.

The Christensen Ridgeline can be had for under $2000 and that's Christensen's "entry-level" rifle with a carbon wrapped barrel. It's only "entry level" because that's the least expensive gun Christensen sells with the carbon wrapped barrel - it has loads of upgrades no other "entry-level" rifle has of which I'm aware. The Mesa (steel barrel) can be had for significantly less - about $1200. I own two Christensens, but both of mine sport steel barrels. One that I think was called the "Classic Steel" and a Mesa. Both are excellent rifles and if/when I add a 280 AI to my collection it's very likely to be a Christensen Ridgeline.

The Coopers are more expensive indeed. $2200 "street price" for a Model 52 I think and other models are more expensive. I don't have any experience with them.

The Christensen Ridgeline can be had for under $2000 and that's Christensen's "entry-level" rifle with a carbon wrapped barrel. It's only "entry level" because that's the least expensive gun Christensen sells with the carbon wrapped barrel - it has loads of upgrades no other "entry-level" rifle has of which I'm aware. The Mesa (steel barrel) can be had for significantly less - about $1200. I own two Christensens, but both of mine sport steel barrels. One that I think was called the "Classic Steel" and a Mesa. Both are excellent rifles and if/when I add a 280 AI to my collection it's very likely to be a Christensen Ridgeline.

The Coopers are more expensive indeed. $2200 "street price" for a Model 52 I think and other models are more expensive. I don't have any experience with them.

I think the world of Christensens. I too bought a second because I thought they were such good value.

As for Coopers, they really are a completely different price point if you order oneas you would want it ... I am sur eyou know how options tend to spiral during a build

Last edited by a moderator:
They may be good rifles, but are homely as a mud fence to my eye.

So this landed today at my dealers. Nosler Custom (box label says) Model 48 in 7x57. Pretty much NOS maybe a few test rounds but no more I don't think. From what I can see it looks like good quality throughout. Receiver is bedded on both ends with a block hanging off the bottom of the tang for bedding.
I like that it has substantial wood in the trigger well area unlike most Mausers or similar, that always seem to crack there. I don't think this one will. Trigger is sweet at just over 2#. Feeds, extracts and ejects fine. Muzzle measure at .615", so not too wimpy at 24" long. Rifle weighs just over 7# empty.
Hopefully get it to the range next week. Here are a few pix. Pretty handsome rifle I think.
IMG_5624.JPG
IMG_5623.JPG
IMG_5625.JPG
IMG_5628.JPG
IMG_5630.JPG
IMG_5631.JPG

I have the same rifle and love it. It's the only rifle I have ever done the manufacturers recommended break-in procedure, whether that helped or not I can only speculate. It does clean up easily though. I am getting around 2740f/s with Nosler Trophy Grade 140gn Accubond ammo. I hope you enjoy the Nosler rifle as much as I do.(y)

Nice looking rifle. Good luck with it!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Walkerph

Latest profile posts

Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you