Frank Cavallo

AH senior member
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Hunted
Alaska & lower 48, Canada, Mexico, Spain, New Zealand, Zimbabwe, Namibia
I've used TSX (and then TTSX) pretty much exclusively since '04 for the majority of my hunting. A Frames and solids for Africa. But for pretty much everything else it has been TSX.

Never had a reason to look elsewhere. Tried a few of the similar CEB look-alikes but couldn't get them to group.

I literally just saw the Nosler E tip and Hammer bullets for the first time a minute ago. Are they any good.................anyone else use these bullets?

Last edited:
I have used the e-tip in my 270 WSM for elk and deer. They seem to kill very well, but they do loose their pedestal at 3300 FPS.

I’ve only tried ETips in .338 Federal. I cannot get them to group as well as I would like in this rifle. I have no reason to doubt that they perform as advertised on game. I have had excellent accuracy results in the same rifle with 186gr Hammer Bullets Shock Hammer.

I’ve never shot an E-tip, but have loaded and shot animals with the Hammers. I could not recommend Hammer enough. The company is owned by a couple of great guys that produce an excellent product and give outstanding customer service. In my experience these bullets do shoot faster than other brands and are much easier to get an accurate load. I’ve shot three animals with them and they performed very well. If you have any questions, you can call and talk directly with one of the owners, Steve pretty easily.

Thanks. I guess I'll try the Hammers. I just looked them up- look interesting.

I forgot to mention GSC, which seemed promising but they have been unavailable even pre COVID.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
markekcertifications

Latest profile posts

Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you