Northern Territory Buffalo

yumastepside

AH veteran
Reaction score
Media
Member of
ssaa
A mate just sent me some pics of a buffalo hunt he did with Big Country Safari's.....9.3x62, 286gr Barnes

f9BcYDQ.jpg

95"

w1dlbMB.jpg

Roger

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice, might be 95in now but was 100 point Bull in his day, Broomed off a heap of horn !

... SO COOL!! I gotta get this done! Congrat’s :A Thumbs Up:

A great trophy! Good for him!

Congratulations to your buddy.

Nice buffalo. Like to do that hunt sometime........
Bruce

Wonderful stuff and a great chambering!

Is correct to say that those NT Buffs are a full 20% larger than theyr African cousins, on everage?

I got those same pics ;)
A lovely old central Arnhemland bull that carries his weight out nicely.

For anyone interested, I can also vouch for Alex at Big Country Safaris. A great hunt in extremely remote country!

Is correct to say that those NT Buffs are a full 20% larger than theyr African cousins, on everage?

I’m not entirely sure, but I would venture a guess that in terms of body weight the coastal Arnhemland bulls could run up to 20% larger than the inland bulls where conditions are more arid for much of the year. I would roughly estimate that the few Cape buffalo bulls that I’ve seen are quite similar in body size to our inland bulls.

Nice old bull. Alex is “the” man

I’m not entirely sure, but I would venture a guess that in terms of body weight the coastal Arnhemland bulls could run up to 20% larger than the inland bulls where conditions are more arid for much of the year. I would roughly estimate that the few Cape buffalo bulls that I’ve seen are quite similar in body size to our inland bulls.
Thank you Ben, also interesting the difference between the Coastals and the Interiors ones

I think Ben is on the money there, with the Coastal Bulls but both are similar if on good feed .

I have seen some pitiful small Capes & some Gaints that have had good feed.

Even in the Mara Kenya the Capes aren’t up to Coastal Aussie Bulls .

One of the reasons I preferred the hunters arrived with a .40 cal over a .375 (.45-.50 is better) the inland bulls are easier to stop & most likely will go somewhere I can find them & retrieve them not like the Wild coast !

Nice bull with character.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MorrisFloc

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg