Northern Florida hog hunting recommendations?

DoubleLunger

AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Member of
Virginia Bowhunters Association
Myself and a friend are interested in a guided hog hunt in Northern Florida (Jacksonville area) this coming fall and are wondering if anyone has any recommendations for a group of 3.

Thanks my fellow hunters,

DL

Gopher outfitters near Waycross. I don't see them on a google search. Let me see if I have their contact information.

http://www.gopherplantation.com/ Found it.

Also, there was a place near Branford, Suwannee River Outfitters maybe, they had exotics too.

The ones that I'm familiar with is all high fence, and In georgia it's monitored by Department of Agriculture - which is why there's no exotics hunting in Georgia.

Enjoy JAX, It's a great place to be from!

Last edited:
ROSS HAMMOCK RANCH IS JUST 2-3HRS. SW OF JAX. THEY HAVE A REAL NICE SET UP.

All the places up and down the east coast, IN MY OPINION, and from what I've seen at sportsman's shows and online are total ripoffs and geared toward either the northeast "gentleman" hunter or a tourist with a pocket full of vacation money looking for a quick thrill. YMMV. A friend of mine went to northern Florida and rode around in a beat up pickup truck for three days and didn't see a hog. Save your money and go to Texas or Arkansas.
Don't believe ONE thing you see on the web about hog hunting venues. Call at least TEN references.

I'll add one note to my last post. In Florida, no matter what the business, the scammers are scamming the other scammers. In fact, Florida is NUMBER ONE in fraud complaints in the country. Georgia is NUMBER TWO, another popular southern state big in to "hog hunting".

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chandaokelle05

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg