Noob from texas

bugbee

Reaction score
Member of
DSC
Hello everyone. Thought my first post should be an introduction. I’ve been reading here for a year or so. So much good info here. 35 y/o and basically a self taught hunter, still a lot to learn and whatnot. I’m not overly accomplished / experienced, but I’m having fun doing it regardless. My interests in hunting are growing and I plan on traveling to Africa within the next couple of years. As well as Europe I hope. Other than hunting, newest addiction is big bore rifles. Too much good info in some of these threads, kinda want them all now lol. Thanks ahead of time
-T

Hello and welcome!

Welcome to AH

Hello everyone. Thought my first post should be an introduction. I’ve been reading here for a year or so. So much good info here. 35 y/o and basically a self taught hunter, still a lot to learn and whatnot. I’m not overly accomplished / experienced, but I’m having fun doing it regardless. My interests in hunting are growing and I plan on traveling to Africa within the next couple of years. As well as Europe I hope. Other than hunting, newest addiction is big bore rifles. Too much good info in some of these threads, kinda want them all now lol. Thanks ahead of time
-T

Welcome to AH! If you live anywhere near Dallas, please consider coming to the DSC Convention. We will be having our annual AfricaHunting.com dinner / get together / BS dispensing event again. Great place to me your fellow hunters!

Welcome to AH sir!

Welcome to AH! If you live anywhere near Dallas, please consider coming to the DSC Convention. We will be having our annual AfricaHunting.com dinner / get together / BS dispensing event again. Great place to me your fellow hunters!

Phoenix, i will def be at the convention. I live not too far away, just north of the metro mess.

Bugbee, welcome to AH! Hunting is a life long learning experience. You never learn it all! I’ve hunted since I got a Sears 22 single shot at 6 years old, but I learn something new on almost every hunt! You just have to keep looking for something new.
Hope you make it to Africa sooner than later! Great experience!

Howdy & welcome. Fellow North Texan here. Where about are you?

Glad to have ya. Welcome.

Welcome aboard bugbee. In one of the earlier posts someone said hunting is a lifelong learning experience. Truer words were never spoken. We are going to have to speak with Jerome about getting "CEU" points. What have you hunted in the past? What kind and caliber rifles do you own? Do you reload?

Welcome to AH bugbee! Glad you introduced yourself and are now posting.

Welcome to AH !

Welcome! Sounds like you have “the bug”. Now you just have to get to Africa.

Howdy & welcome. Fellow North Texan here. Where about are you?

Live in Van Alstyne, up north of mckinney. Been up there a couple of years now. Was in Corinth before that.

Welcome aboard bugbee. In one of the earlier posts someone said hunting is a lifelong learning experience. Truer words were never spoken. We are going to have to speak with Jerome about getting "CEU" points. What have you hunted in the past? What kind and caliber rifles do you own? Do you reload?

Like most ppl in texas, white tail. Have been overly unsuccessful hunting them it feels like. Still fun though! I did get somewhat luck and took an aoudad out near possum kingdom. Other than that, mostly dove hunting. I am planning a diy hunt for black bear in the spring. We will see how it all goes. Currently, my "big bores" are the .375 ruger, .375 h&h, and a .416 rem mag. On the hunt for either a .416 rigby, .450 rigby, or a .458 lott, or maybe..... dang it! List keeps growing lol! Dream gun is a double in .470 NE. It's not so much a need as a want thing with me. I just enjoy them. I haven't ventured into reloading yet. I'm sure i will eventually though.

Welcome from another north Texan... I’m just a few miles south of you in Allen..

Reactions: BWH
Bugbee, welcome to the forum AND Please capitalize Texas next opportunity.

Welcome and please post adventures

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryellenD

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you