Non trophy Elephant Bull Hunt Zimbabwe 2021

What is the route/airline to Zim from say Dallas or Atlanta with all the current airline confusion?
My recommendation is Emirates from Houston to Dubai direct to Harare. Skip joberg altogether and is no more expensive.

What is the route/airline to Zim from say Dallas or Atlanta with all the current airline confusion?
I believe that Emirates are flying from Houston and Dallas into Harare via dubia.

I believe that Emirates are flying from Houston and Dallas into Harare via dubia.
Lin can extra days be added and if so how much per day?
Thanks
yes you can add extra days at $750 per day.

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks like a great deal! Wish my Africa kitty was a little more full! lol

Can someone clarify the 48 hour testing requirements for entry into Zim? Does the test need to be administered and cleared within the 48 hours prior to landing in Zim or within 48 hours prior to departure from the US?

Either way am I being cynical when I think that's cutting it awfully close or is my thinking flawed?

CJW.............that seems a valid concern. It can easily take more than 48 hours just to travel to Zim from where I live. An unexpected delay in test result or travel, and one could arrive 72 hours or more after the test...........FWB

Reactions: CJW
Negative PCR test no more than 48 hours prior to arrival in Zim. If traveling back to US, negative PCR test 72 hours prior to arrival back in US.
So how would this work from my flight from Alaska? It takes longer (much longer) than 48 hours to get to Zimbabwe.

Reactions: CJW
I think they make it confusing so you won't travel. On the Zimbabwe web site they say in one paragraph that you need a PCR test. Then later they say a rapid test. I was told the gov't has a site set up at the airport (VFA) for rapid tests. Results in 2 hours. Here in NM it takes 3-5 days to get test results back, so if I don't get the results before flight time, I will do the rapid test. At the clinic, they tell me results in less that 30 minutes. I hope they accept the rapid test, or a PCR test earlier than 72 hours.
Looking for airlines? Try Ethiopian Airlines. They fly from IAD and IAH to Victoria Falls (VFA). Very reasonable too, at least from IAD.

CJW.............that seems a valid concern. It can easily take more than 48 hours just to travel to Zim from where I live. An unexpected delay in test result or travel, and one could arrive 72 hours or more after the test...........FWB

I looked up a route from minneapolis and it was 51 hours because of layovers. So I would have to travel to houston get the test, hope it comes back in time just before the first flight to dubai to meet the 48 hours limit. This is of course assuming my thinking is correct. I would sure hate to miss something and be stuck in a Zim quarantine location. Travel back is another can of worms.

Use the 2 hour test at VFA. I was told you could get it the day before you leave.

So how would this work from my flight from Alaska? It takes longer (much longer) than 48 hours to get to Zimbabwe.

You can get a PCR test at the Dubai airport during your layover or do the 2 hour test at Zim once you arrive.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ShanonBurc

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg
Living life like a lion for 1 day is better than living life like a jackal for 100 years.