Opposite Pole

AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Member of
SSAA; PZŁ, KŁ Sęp
Hunted
Australia, Poland
I have recently acquired the above sight for my shottie.

I’m cross eye dominant being righthanded and left eye dominant. I tried shooting from the “wrong side” but was having hard time getting used to it and settled on shooting from my dominant hand. This is not a problem for me with rifles either scoped or open sighted. With scopes I shoot with both eyes open except with really high magnification (target shooting). With open sights I squint my left eye a bit and my right eye instantly focuses on the sights while I retain peripheral vision. With handguns I shoot righthanded/left eyed, again this works just fine. Shotgun shooting is however a different story. On a stationery or incoming target – like a called in fox I could close my left eye forcing the right one would take over. However, shooting birds, clays, running hares or anything moving – particularly from left to right I struggled and had hard time hitting anything. Closing one eye was the only option and this limits FOV quite drastically.

I purchased this sight hoping it would help. In short it does, a lot.

The sight itself is very small. The red dot is projected roughly 8mm (a third of an inch) above the rail and the height of the entire sight is about twice that.

The sight features automatic brightness control and is of “always on” design. There are no buttons or dials on it, it’s always ready to use. The unit is powered by a single CR2032 battery which is user and toolless replaceable. The sight comes with a rubber protective hood that serves two purposes – to physically protect the sight and to save battery power when not in use as in darkness the light output is minimised (or perhaps off completely?). Battery is supposed to last several years and swapping it takes less than a minute.

The sight is made of steel and it certainly seems durable enough for field use yet owing to small size the unit weight is minimal at roughly 37g/1.3oz.

The unit attaches to ventilated top rib (up to 10mm wide) and does not require any adapters or mounts, everything needed to install it is supplied, including the torx key. Installation is very straight forward. I’ve been equipped with two left hands and it’s taken me just few minutes to attach it. If I was to do it again, I’m fairly sure it’d take me less than 90 seconds. Besides smart and simple design as a further installation aid the base of the sight is magnetic which helps keep the unit in place during mounting – nice touch.

I find it to be a great product. It instantly makes my right eye focus on the dot which forces it to take over domination. This happens instantly as far as I can tell and it really helps with shooting.

Negatives? Certainly not cheap and while small it might still bother those who care for the classic look of the gun. I do but given what a major improvement to my shooting this is I can certainly live with it.

https://noblex-germany.com/index.ph...-optics/reflex-sights-consumer/105-quicksight

IMG_1128.JPG
IMG_1129.JPG
IMG_1134.JPG
IMG_1137.JPG
IMG_1139.JPG
IMG_1141.JPG

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-05-22 at 9.36.34 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-05-22 at 9.36.34 AM.png
    3.5 MB · Views: 370
  • Screen Shot 2019-05-22 at 9.36.38 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-05-22 at 9.36.38 AM.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 352
  • Screen Shot 2019-05-22 at 9.36.41 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-05-22 at 9.36.41 AM.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 368
Last edited by a moderator:
Very interesting. I read the description of your sight new on the maker's website, and it seems to indicate that it is a fixed sight without any adjustment. Is that true? I can understand that may be OK for shooting shot only, but would that limit its use if you want to use the sight for slugs as well as shot?

It is fixed, with no adjustment. It mounts in line with the rail and point of aim works just like the front bead. I don’t suppose it’d be much use with slugs except at short range, just like any shottie with front bead only.

That I wouldn't know, but I can say that two years on the sight is going strong and I'm still happy with it.

I'm tempted to try something like this for slugs on my old Auto 5

Keep in mind these can’t be sighted in, they mount parallel to the rail and they aim along that same line, for a slug gun this may or may not be good enough. They are designed for fast instinctive shooting rather than aimed shots.

Keep in mind these can’t be sighted in, they mount parallel to the rail and they aim along that same line, for a slug gun this may or may not be good enough. They are designed for fast instinctive shooting rather than aimed shots.

They don't have adjustment for the dot? How strange.

I was thinking of using with slugs for driven boar.

Scrummy

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MorrisFloc

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg