Ragman

AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Hunted
Canada(Sask./B.C.), Namibia, RSA(Eastern Cape) USA(Texas)
I know that this is primarily a hunting website, but I thought I would post some pics from our northern Saskatchewan fishing trip this past June. My 11 year old niece, Maia, had a pretty rough spring in 2015 as her parents separated, so my father and I decided that we would pull her out of school for a week and take her on our annual fishing trip to Reindeer Lake. Despite poor weather, we got rained on for two and a half days out of four, Maia had the time of her life. She has informed Dad and I that we are not allowed to go back without her and all she wants for Christmas is her own tackle box and hooks! Lol! She's quite a kid, and I'm a proud uncle!

061.JPG
064.JPG
065.JPG
071.JPG
073.JPG
075.JPG
079.JPG
083.JPG
088.JPG
092.JPG
089.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
I like hunting fish!

Nothing like bending the graphite with a good fish on.

Good to hear she wants to do it again!

youre the cool uncle , rags
nothing better than a bush kid
except a bush kid that fishes aswell
specially a girl bush kid that fishes
reminds me of my daughter at that age , sadly her tackle box lives in the shed now , and when she comes fishing , she no longer ties her own lures , or un hooks her fish
except , one week end a year , when her and three of her friends , take my ute up high for the week end .....
for their girls autumn break , as they call it ...

That's what its all about right there ! TAKE A KID FISHING ! ...... you both gain from it .
Glen

That's pretty awesome!! Those are some nice fish she caught I'm pretty jealous! Always good to be the cool Uncle!

Northern Saskatchewan is beautiful!

That sounds like a great trip and memories for a lifetime for all of you. It's amazing what a hunting or fishing trip can do for you after life hands you a rough patch.

Your nominated for uncle of the year.

upload_2015-10-24_0-30-52.jpeg

My hats of to you and your father.

Thanks for sharing your trip.

Great pics...!

Very well done uncle......I wish to be there.......!!!!!

That sounds like a great trip and memories for a lifetime for all of you. It's amazing what a hunting or fishing trip can do for you after life hands you a rough patch.

I totally agree. Fishing and hunting were instrumental in helping me get through my divorce in 2012. It's the greatest therapy there is!

I read this quote years ago and have thought about it often: "There comes a time in every man's life when he is either going to go fishing or do something worse." -Havilah Babcock

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
majisman

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Coltwoody@me.com
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross