AZDAVE

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Hunted
South Africa,Namibia, Alaska,lower 48
Looking to buy a nice double from a very bad man on This forum, I am a 1/3 of the way there and need to sell a couple nice rifles to get a new to me double(y) Here is a very nice 45/70 SIACE. It was regulated for Federal bearclaw loads. I have worked up loads that shoot as well or better than factory for 350gr hornaday round nose softs, 350gr Northfork solids, 400 gr Hawk softs, 405gr REM softs, and 400gr CEB solids and load data comes with it. $5100 delivers it to your FFL.

IMG_4219.JPG
IMG_4220.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
How well does it shoot?

@brettp It is one of the most accurate double I have shot. Attached is the factory regulation target. I was able to match the 2in group with all the loads I developed and better it with the 400gr Hawk bullet. The factory 300 gr is right at 1900FPS the 350 loads are 1915 fps and the 400's 1950 fps. I didn't take any pic's of my range sessions. I didn't plan on selling this rifle but I also have another 45/70 double and Can't pass up the one I am looking at and won't dip into my safari funds so something had to go.

IMG_4293.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Dave did you sell this one? It has such beautiful wood.

Charlie, yes it now lives with a gentleman in Texas. He plans on making the hog population smaller

Charlie, yes it now lives with a gentleman in Texas. He plans on making the hog population smaller
Well that’s putting it to good use!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Maximo5631

Latest profile posts

check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Jackal hunt on triggercam,

Jackal hunt on triggercam,