NIB Winchester 70 In .416 Remington Ammo Package

cbvanb

AH veteran
Reaction score
Media
Hunted
South Africa, Zambia, Zimbabwe, Canada
I decided to build a 458 Lott this year, so the Model 70 I had sitting at the back of the safe has to go. This is a brand new Model 70 with the box, all paperwork, etc, in .416 Remington.
Also included in the package is a total of 580 rounds of premium ammunition: 400 Remington solids loaded with the Barnes monolithic solid, and 180 rounds of Remington 400 gr. Swift A Frame. The ammo is older stock but stored in an air conditioned ammo room.
Price for the package is $2000, plus shipping costs to your FFL. Feel free to ask questions, and this rifle is cross posted on a couple of forums.

IMG_0475.JPG
IMG_0478.jpg
IMG_0476.JPG
IMG_0474.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
I love my M70's and this is a steal. The ammo is roughly $100 a box to buy new. If the poster sold the ammo at only $50, that's $1450 making the rifle cost only $550.

@cbvanb, if only I had a need for another DG rifle, but I really don't. This should sell quickly for what you're offering.

Question: is this a control feed, or push feed Mdl 70?
Your location?
Thanks!

Controlled round feed. I'm in Tucson, AZ.

i love my Mod 70 in 416 Rem , great rifles , GLWS

How old is the rifle?

For somebody who wants a 416 this is the time to buy.

WOW! What a great deal!!!

I don't need or want another 416 but if I was in the US I would buy that. Looks of cheap shooting with a great cal.

Hmmm. Have one already but any M70 has a home under my roof.
Is this a BACO or New Haven production?

To answer questions as best I can, I have a friend in Flagstaff who began to hear rumors of Winchester closing in 2003 or 2004, so he began to buy Model 70s anywhere he could find them. Always brand new in the box, always CRF models. He kept them stored for all these years and 4 years ago began to sell them. I fought the temptation to buy them all. He had over 20 in various calibers at one point. He got down to only 2, this rifle being one of them, so I bought it.
I have hunted with the 416 for over 15 years, but I built a matched set of rifles on the CZ safari action, in .458 Lott and .375. Even though I have 3 safaris booked in the next 18 months I don't see ever using the 416.
The truth is I'm giving it away, almost, but if I don't sell it now I never will, and when I pass on it will still be sitting in the box, unused. That seems like a waste to me. If I can't get my price I will keep it, of course.
The serial number is on the end panel of the box, if anyone wants to verify when the rifle was built.

IMG_0361.JPG
Had a request for the barrel markings.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have one I used on my elephant and first buffalo. Easy to carry and accurate, reliable gun. And good looking as well!

This should be sold by now at this price. Yea it is more up front than buying a new gun with no ammo, but you're going to need the ammo to practice and hunt anyway.

Anyone looking for a high quality but very economical DG bolt gun ought to be all over this. OMO this beats the hell out of buying one the newer low cost guns chambered in 375 or 416 Ruger... Not counting the Ruger's themselves as they are good actions, once they are broken in... but this is a very high quality action at a bargain price.

cbvanb,
In response to your rifle for sale. I am interested in purchasing your rifle. Please email me at pepoppe@yahoo.com

Last edited:
I have no need or desire for a .416 rem...

but this offer is sooooooooo tempting..

great price on a great rifle with a ton of ammo to boot...

someone PLEASE take this off his hands fast!

Still available?

As of now, yes it is.

I need another 416 like a dog needs a side saddle! Hurry up and buy it so I can get on with wondering why the hell I didn't!

I have a Win Mod 70 in .416 Rem that I have used for over 15 years for cropping Cape Buffalo it has never let me down and taken scores of buffalo with it with never an issue. Anyone looking for a great reliable rifle should buy this.. It would also make a nice base for a custom rifle. Good luck selling it...

By the way let me add that in my experience, these winchesters are normally very reliable straight out of the box and were well made.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ThomasS111

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!