Next Safari Rifle

Time for you to switch to Blaser. :LOL:

Was looking for a friend here with gun shop who wanted some 2nd hand ones...but obviously at those prices not going to happen.....and you can keep trying but that ain't going to happen......cheers (my smileys wont work...)

Was looking for a friend here with gun shop who wanted some 2nd hand ones...but obviously at those prices not going to happen.....and you can keep trying but that ain't going to happen......cheers (my smileys wont work...)
I knew it as I typed it. Cheers mate.

All,
Looking for some insight and opinion. I am returning to Africa next year for my second Buffalo/PG hunt as well as Australia for WaterBuffalo. I have a O/U 9.3X74r I used on my first safari and am looking to upgrade to something bigger .375 +. I have been looking at BRNO ZK602(.375)/Sako Brown Bear/Kodiak(.375) and CZ 550 Safari or Express in .375-.404-416 range. Primary use will be Africa & Australia and big bears. My main concerns are reliability and strength. Barrel length and cosmetics are secondary. I would appreciate pros and cons on these models. Kind regards, Mike

watermark.php
What about a Dakota 76 in 416 remington. Still decent trajectory, more wallop then a 375, and a step up from the 9.3 your already shooting?

All,
Looking for some insight and opinion. I am returning to Africa next year for my second Buffalo/PG hunt as well as Australia for WaterBuffalo. I have a O/U 9.3X74r I used on my first safari and am looking to upgrade to something bigger .375 +. I have been looking at BRNO ZK602(.375)/Sako Brown Bear/Kodiak(.375) and CZ 550 Safari or Express in .375-.404-416 range. Primary use will be Africa & Australia and big bears. My main concerns are reliability and strength. Barrel length and cosmetics are secondary. I would appreciate pros and cons on these models. Kind regards, Mike

watermark.php
What about a Dakota 76 in 416 remington. Still decent trajectory, more wallop then a 375, and a step up from the 9.3 you’re already shooting

I would get a CZ and send it to Allan Henry on the KZN south coast. He can just smooth the action for you or do a full monty on it, new stock etc. Or anything in between. I had a serious look at some of the work he’s done to CZ’s and was thinking of getting one but decided to go for a Heym instead.

I picked up a Husqvarna 9.3x62 Mauser type action. Nice wood, smooth action, good bore. Gonna load it for buffs, will give feedback one day. Now to wait for license...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LuciaWains

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg