Next Africa Trip

Have fun planning Mike, welcome to the posting side!

Give us a call or email if we can assist you in any way.

thanks to all for the welcoming comments and input on rifle selections. I am not a reloader so I plan to rely on factory 375 H&H ammo. My outfitter recommends the Barnes Vortex ammo 300 grain bullets. He also highly recommends I practice with a 375 ( I agree!) before my safari. So the best bet for me is to buy a 375 and scope and practice with it.

I have been checking on line for a good medium priced 375 H&H rifle. The reviews on the Winchester model 70 have been average and some poor. Not stellar . So it seems like I am down to picking between a CZ 550 and a Weatherby Vanguard Dangerous Game model. It seems the CZ gets the better reviews over the Vanguard

There isnt much of a price difference between the two and my outfitter suggested the CZ 550 American Safari 375 H&H which is model 04211. I have checked lots of on line vendors trying to find this CZ rifle and everyone is out of stock. Not sure why?
Is CZ still making it? Any ideas on where I can find one. I would consider a new one or a good used one.

thanks Tractormanmike

Most comments you will read about the Win M70 is that it's ready to go, right out of the box. The CZ 550, usually takes a little work to smooth out the action.

Welcome to AH Mike! Planning is half the fun!

I am planning my 3rd trip to Africa next year.

If we can be of any assistance with US Customs or shipping, please call, email, or send me a message!

Welcome aboard Tractormanmike. Out of curiosity what were the "digs" on Winchester Mod 70(s) in 375 H&H? I've never had any trouble with my Winchesters. I agree with 375 Ruger Fan, they generally work right out of the box, and like Timex "they take a licking and keep on ticking."

Welcome to AH!

Welcome Mike. This forum has a wealth of information from some extremely knowledgeable folks, enjoy!

Welcome to AH. The CZ550 is very heavy, check it out before buying.
I have a Remington 700 SPS .375 H&H. Shoots very well with factory ammo. I bought a Boyds thumbhole stock, had custom length of pull, recoil pad. The stock add some weight but not bad.

Tractorman,
Welcome to the gang. I have a Win 70 Safari Express and it works flawlessly. It's been to Africa twice and taken everything from springbok to cape buf with never a hiccup. It will digest anything I put into it. I use Barnes 235 g TSX for pg and Barnes 350 g TSX for my buf.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BrittGibb4

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross