Newest Dangerous Game Rifle

great find!

love the look of the #1's... those rifles have great lines...

Looking good, congrats on the find!

Well folks after searching for over a year I finally found and acquired a Ruger Model #1 in 375 H&H.
I held out for stainless with the salt and pepper laminated stock which turned out to be harder to find than I thought. Can't wait to take this to the range. So my African battery now includes the 375, a 416 and a 458 Lott.
@Pawprint Safaris we will need to try the new addition out!

View attachment 161544
Cant go wrong with your mini arsenal.Africa awaits!!! Happy Hunting.

A friend collects Rugers and has a #1 that is similar but has acid etching on the action. I couldn't tell from the photo if yours was so inscribed. With or without, they are really cool rifles.

No etching on this one but not opposed to that.

Good to see your patience paid off. Nice shooter with that as an addition there isn't much on this planet that cant be taken. Get them hippo!!!

Good to see your patience paid off. Nice shooter with that as an addition there isn't much on this planet that cant be taken. Get them hippo!!!

I also like the way you think sir!

Congrats Charlie , you have been after one of these for long .

Although there are no firm plans for our next trip to Kansas City, the wife and I usually make the trip sometime in January. Perhaps we can get our "new to us" No. 1 (s) out to the range just to see how they do. I'm glad you finally got what you were looking for.

Although there are no firm plans for our next trip to Kansas City, the wife and I usually make the trip sometime in January. Perhaps we can get our "new to us" No. 1 (s) out to the range just to see how they do. I'm glad you finally got what you were looking for.

@Shootist43 that sounds like a great idea!

That sir that is one FINE LOOKING rifle! I keep checking all the sites like Guns American, GunBroker, Etc. for one in stainless just like it because I would love to own one myself. I'll never see Africa or Alaska for that matter but I would still love to own a Ruger No. 1 Tropical Stainless with Laminated Stock in .375 H&H because I think it is the finest Ruger No. 1 ever made. I stupidly let my custom .375 H&H go so that is the one .375 H&H I would LOVE to replace it with! You are a LUCKY man so never let it go!

Had a No. 1 in .375 H&H. Let her go in a moment of weakness (in favor of a Freedom Arms .475 Linebaugh). Should've had held onto the H&H. Next time...
your 475 linebaugh is a great choice.

That sir that is one FINE LOOKING rifle! I keep checking all the sites like Guns American, GunBroker, Etc. for one in stainless just like it because I would love to own one myself. I'll never see Africa or Alaska for that matter but I would still love to own a Ruger No. 1 Tropical Stainless with Laminated Stock in .375 H&H because I think it is the finest Ruger No. 1 ever made. I stupidly let my custom .375 H&H go so that is the one .375 H&H I would LOVE to replace it with! You are a LUCKY man so never let it go!
you will see africa,jus do it.

Charlie: Very nice rifle and good addition to the safari battery. I like the spacing on bullet weights from your 375 H&H, 416 Ruger and 458 Lott @ 300 gr, 400 gr and 500 gr. Throw in your 300 win mag w/ a 200 gr and youv'e covered all the bases. Maybe add a 243 or 6 mm to give you a 100 gr bullet option. The perfect 5 gun battery!

I imagine shooting that Lott in a Ruger No.1 get's your attention.

Another source of No. 1: http://www.classicsportingarms.com/ruger-no-1-rifles-for-sale/

BTW, there are a few stainless and laminated ones listed, including a 458 Lott.

Screenshot (69).png

Last edited by a moderator:

I have a contact in AZ who has more for sale if you are interested!

Charlie: Very nice rifle and good addition to the safari battery. I like the spacing on bullet weights from your 375 H&H, 416 Ruger and 458 Lott @ 300 gr, 400 gr and 500 gr. Throw in your 300 win mag w/ a 200 gr and youv'e covered all the bases. Maybe add a 243 or 6 mm to give you a 100 gr bullet option. The perfect 5 gun battery!

I imagine shooting that Lott in a Ruger No.1 get's your attention.

Another source of No. 1: http://www.classicsportingarms.com/ruger-no-1-rifles-for-sale/

BTW, there are a few stainless and laminated ones listed, including a 458 Lott.

You are correct sir the 458 Lott does get your attention! And I will be looking for a 243 for my grandson who is due here anyday now!

Charlie, are you saying that you are about to become a "grandpa?" Or do you have a grandson coming in for the holidays?
I still recall the day I called Art and told him that I had just purchased a rifle for his first child. Who at the time wasn't even a gleam in his Daddy's eye. What I'm saying is that "times a wastin."

Indeed @Shootist43 I am about to become a grandpa! Any day now. I want to get him a Ruger #1 in 243.

Indeed @Shootist43 I am about to become a grandpa! Any day now. I want to get him a Ruger #1 in 243.

And in no time at all, your grandson will be 5 or 6 and you can then buy him an AR! :)

(The online photo police filter zapped the photo I had with this. Little kid standing by the xmas tree with an AR, caption says, TRUMP makes xmas great again).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edwardsrailcarcom00

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg