Newby from Colorado

Good day Davsel, welcome to AH and good luck with your research.

welcome welcome welcome

Been lurking for a while. Have the itch to hunt in Africa, and gathering information before I take it on.
Welcome to the site!! Fire alway!! A wealth of information on here and many quality outfitters willing to help.
Let’s just steer clear from talking any Rugby!!
My best always
Jaco Strauss
Owner/Professional hunter
Kwalata Safaris.
www.Kwalata.com

Hello Davsel.
Welcome to the forum. We also have a very nice shooting club close to us so if you book a safari and we have a Saturday open we can go do a competition shoot at the club.
It is lots of fun. Every competition is different. Unknown distances at steel gongs and paper targets made from life-size animals where the heart and brain counts the most (30 points) and lungs (20 points) and where a stomach shot or shot in the back leg counts minus 30. Some shooting positions is standing (usually at a warthog 60 to 80 years away) where other shots is over shooting sticks or a tree stump or a 100 pound bag of corn. Distances can be anywhere from 60 yards to 500 yards. it is lots of fun and they sometimes have big prizes to win.
Come and show the guys how an American can shoot.
I have hunted a beautiful mule deer not far from you in the mountains near Canon City.
Sincerely
Hans de Klerk

Dear Davsel

Welcome to AH. We can introduce you to Africa in either South Africa or Namibia to hunt plains game. Both of these countries offers ample opportunities to hunt a great variety of plains game species.
Good luck in gathering all the information.

Thank you.

Kind regards
Magdel Oosthuizen

Welcome to AH!

Welcome to the dark side, hold on to your wallet, the enablers on here will have you booking an African trip in not time. You picked a great place to start your journey.

Davsel, thanks for that very complete bio, without a doubt, you are going to fit right in with this group. Your intention to pick up a 375 H&H will serve you well, for now. Several of our members have and love their 460 Weatherby Magnums. Others seem to shy away from its recoil and instead opt for a 458 Win Mag or a 458 Lott. Speaking for myself, having been exposed to / informed of the need for something that began with a "4" I've added a 416 Rigby and a couple of 404 Jeffery(s) to my battery. The enablers around here will start you to thinking along these lines sooner rather than later. Your observation that we are both cordial and knowledgeable is spot on. Using the AH Search Function you should be able to find reports from members that have hunted NZ for Red Stag and Alaska for Brown / Grizzly Bear.

Welcome. The best place to gather information

Welcome to AH !

Man, the Florissant area is amazing. Funny, I grew up the San Antonio area. And did a lot of shooting out in the hill country. Best of luck on your hunting research!

Been lurking for a while. Have the itch to hunt in Africa, and gathering information before I take it on.
Welcome to AH

Welcome to AH! Nice to have you on the site.

Welcome to AH!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ThomasS111

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!