Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
NRA Life Member, DSC
Hunted
USA
Hello everyone, I’m relatively new to the forum. I tend not to post much but do spend a great deal or time enjoying other folk’s adventures and learning from their posts. I haven’t been to Africa YET but will make the journey someday. I’ve been fortunate to hunt and take my share of western big game animals with draw tags on public land across the west. As I’ve gotten older, my desire to explore and hunt Africa has become just short of an obsession!

Giday TwoTracks and welcome to the A H forums

Welcome to AH! There will be a day I get over your way for one of those giant pronghorns.

Welcome aboard TwoTracks. Post as often as you like. This site is for Hunters the world over. Western big game more than qualifies. If you've been lurking on this site for a while you fully understand that as "enablers" we will do everything in our power to convince you hunt Africa sooner rather than later. "Later is reserved for subsequent trips. Please tell us a little more about yourself as a hunter, things like what have you hunted in the past, what kind and caliber rifles you own, do you reload.

Reactions: cls
Thanks Von Gruff

Phil, we are scouting and putting cameras out tomorrow for my daughters pronghorn tag! Theres always an adventure in NM

Shootist, I prefer to think of that influence as “leadership” more than enablers! I also have enjoyed the mature/respectful nature along with a big dose of ribbing and harassment among members. I do enjoy that type of fun among friends.

My kids and I have taken the typical species: Muleys, eastern whitetail, Coues, elk, pronghorn, javelina, hogs, squirrels, rabbits, etc. none of the once in a lifetime type animals, like sheep or shiras moose.

I am a very detailed reloader, and reload for maybe 15-20 different cartridges. My family will hunt with anything from a 243 up to 375H&H. I own a couple customs but typically prefer the CRF actions like the Winchester, Montana, and Kimber.

Welcome Two Tracks!

Welcome to AH!

I’ve spent lots of time in NM between Las Cruces and T or C. Always enjoy NM when I am there, especially the food.

Welcome to the forums! Glad to have you aboard!

Welcome aboard!

Welcome! New Mexico elk is high on my list after I get back from Africa next month.

Come on over chashardy. If the draw doesn’t smile upon you, landowner tags are usually available but pricey.

TwoTracks, welcome sir! It is wonderful to hear you are teaching your kids to hunt.
I have spent many vacations in NM. A beautiful diversified state. Backpacked several times into the Pecos wilderness including trips all alone. Hand fed homemade trail cookies to bighorn sheep there. Almost had a herd of elk run over my tent! Beautiful country!

Two Tracks you are correct about the nature of this site. It is filled with knowledgeable folks that are as comfortable to be around as a pair of old slippers. You and I have an awful lot in common. Think of AH as a virtual campfire being shared by a group of old hunting buddies.

Welcome to AH TwoTracks! You are now so much closer to getting to Africa...

Welcome to AH!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillieBurk

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg