Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Australia/NZ
Member of
NRA, DSC
Hunted
Nam, Zam, Zim,RSA (Eastern Cape & NW), Canada, NZ, Alaska, TX, LA, MO, OH, MT, ID, WA, WY
@Von Gruff : I know you are on the south island and thankfully a long, safe distance from White Island. Give us an update from a local perspective.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/l...no-eruption-white-island-blast-latest-updates

upload_2019-12-9_17-49-42.png

Thank you Dave and yes we are a long way from there being an hr south of Dunedin, but even so I would not have been traipsing around the mouth of an active volcano. There were indications that there was increased activity and it really should have been shut down as a destination but the dollar seems to overcome common sense it seems.
Everyone is expressing concern for those injured and killed (but with little real information coming out, and like so many platitudes, I am often inclined to think there is a certain element of embarrassment for another unfavourable outcome and how it will effect the bottom line as far as tourism goes.

If tonights news is to be believed the Volcanologists were choosing to stay off the Volcano but the tourists kept arriving. They have to be nuts.

If the experts believe its too dangerous to stay then tourists have no business being anywhere close. Prayers for those that died.
Bruce

Prayers for the dead and injured.
Wonder if the PM or whatever her title is will swiftly ban volcanoes?

30 injured, 5 dead and 8 missing with news that it will be a recovery process when they can get back on the Island/mountain.

A criminal investigation is being launched.

Big disaster and I think the tour operators will have some explaining to do.
I believe warnings that the volcano was going to blow were there.
Very sad and condolences to all concerned.

We had plans to visit White Island while we were in NZ for a hunt- it's a pretty standard excursion option out of Rotorura. Our flight ended up getting canceled due to rain.

Condolences to the families of those lost or injured.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chandaokelle05

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg