New Zealand to Ban Certain Rifles

I
The first rule in the Dictator's Handbook (available at your local library!) is "Get the Guns." If you trust government, I am happy for you, but a little surprised that some of the most difficult lessons of history have been lost on you. Be that as it may, I believe that firearms ownership can provide the basis for a free and democratic society.

When those who agree with restricting gun ownership in fundamental ways (I'm not talking about RPG's here) can show me that these are rational reactions logically connected to the expected outcome, without material unintended consequences, then I will consider coming on board. Until then, I will understand these emotional reactions, but I will not agree with them.

Of course a dictator needs a manual, Kim in North Korea leafs through it every day, otherwise it won't work. What would have happened to Hitler or Stalin without their manual? Nothing.

People,I'm not against gun ownership.
My closet is full of rifles
But I imagine myself to be a law-abiding citizen, who gets up every morning and does his duty,so that my chimney will smoke.
If I would hang on the needle or on the bottle,
could someone then agree to my possession of guns?

But perhaps one sees also dangers for the society in too liberal handling .Lawyers would say negligently to it.
Hard to imagine that the Second Amendment was created for guys like Marilyn Manson + Co.
Whether such guys had the founding fathers in mind?

Last edited:
There were indeed many more troops in the region, but they were awaiting an expected Soviet offensive which Stalin cynically halted until the ghetto could be liquidated.

Actually the soviets were not yet present during the Jewish ghetto uprising. The following year, in 1944 there was another uprising, The Warsaw Uprising which surprised Stalin who was planning to “liberate” Warsaw. Given the intense fighting he decided to let the uprising bleed out which it eventual did. Approximately 16000 Polish soldiers were killed, 20000 wounded, 15000 imprisoned. The Nazis wanted revenge so 150000-200000 civilians were murdered, approximately 600000 civilians forced to leave with some 150000 sent to forced labour camps. One of the biggest issues faced by Polish troops was shortage of weapons. The uprising received some support from air missions in the form of equipment drops from 1586 Polish Special Duties squadron, RAF, USAF as well as South African Air force. The airforce losses however were so heavy that most of the flights quickly got suspended.

You are correct, and I am mixing my dates. The fighting in the spring of ‘43 was ignited by the ZOB ambush, and was limited to the ghetto. Most of those Jews who were captured were sent to the extermination camps.

The fighting in ‘44 was indeed the general uprising. While casualties were horrific, the captured Polish troops were treated as POWs - though not much better than their Russian counterparts. The range was also just too far to offer much in the way of air support - moreover, it was the Soviet theater of operations. Stalin dragged his feet on any coordination just as he did renewing the general offensive.

Stalin dragged his feet on any coordination just as he did renewing the general offensive.

He did that! In fact he did not agree for anyone to use captured airports and airfields which meant USAF was not able to do much in terms of air support. He did eventually agree and US sent Flying Fortress. The Soviets argued that they would do some drops, which they did except they dropped it all over the place and without parachutes meaning that whatever fell in the Polish controlled area was damaged and useless. Why would he arm a nation he wanted to enslave.

Guys, just a point of clarification. The guy in New Zealand didn't use an "Assault Rifle!" Have you forgotten what that is? I.e. a rifle capable of fully automatic fire, one pull of the trigger will empty the magazine. Any time we as gun owners and hunters refer to a semi automatic as an Assault Rifle just because it is black and looks like one plays into the hands of those that wish to ban them. I hope that the investigation into the "perp's" background yields information that should have forewarned "authorities" that this guy was a potential threat and that they should have intervened prior to the mass shooting.

.... and inevitably the contagion has spread to Australian shores!! The idiots at GCA - now grandstanding on the graves of the 50 victims - want to ban bolt action rifles!! Further, they specifically want "pro-gun lobbies" to be excluded from any gun law reviews. Put this in a search engine:

firearmownersunited.com/2019/03/20/sam-lee-uses-christchurch-tragedy-to-attempt-bolt-action-ban/

Of course a dictator needs a manual, Kim in North Korea leafs through it every day, otherwise it won't work. What would have happened to Hitler or Stalin without their manual? Nothing.

People,I'm not against gun ownership.
My closet is full of rifles
But I imagine myself to be a law-abiding citizen, who gets up every morning and does his duty,so that my chimney will smoke.
If I would hang on the needle or on the bottle,
could someone then agree to my possession of guns?

But perhaps one sees also dangers for the society in too liberal handling .Lawyers would say negligently to it.
Hard to imagine that the Second Amendment was created for guys like Marilyn Manson + Co.
Whether such guys had the founding fathers in mind?

I assume you mean Charles Manson.

There are processes in the US in place to deal with those deemed unable to possess a firearm. The list of prohibited individuals is clear, but due process must run its course first. I believe firmly strict scrutiny should apply to the Second Amendment, it is my hope, we will soon see a Supreme Court agree.

Guys, just a point of clarification. The guy in New Zealand didn't use an "Assault Rifle!" Have you forgotten what that is? I.e. a rifle capable of fully automatic fire, one pull of the trigger will empty the magazine. Any time we as gun owners and hunters refer to a semi automatic as an Assault Rifle just because it is black and looks like one plays into the hands of those that wish to ban them. I hope that the investigation into the "perp's" background yields information that should have forewarned "authorities" that this guy was a potential threat and that they should have intervened prior to the mass shooting.
"Assault rifle/weapon" is the most over used imaginary term I've ever heard in my life. Drives me crazy.. Hearing the MSM try to define it is depressingly comical.

The term for a fully automatic firearm, one that will fire multiple rounds with a single trigger pull, is machine gun. I don't know who coined the term "assault rifle", but I'd like to kick him square in the butt..

.... and inevitably the contagion has spread to Australian shores!! The idiots at GCA - now grandstanding on the graves of the 50 victims - want to ban bolt action rifles!! Further, they specifically want "pro-gun lobbies" to be excluded from any gun law reviews. Put this in a search engine:

firearmownersunited.com/2019/03/20/sam-lee-uses-christchurch-tragedy-to-attempt-bolt-action-ban/

They're also not overly fond of lever action so in fact they just want everything to be banned. GCA s quite open about the fact they want people to not have access to firearms full stop.

Sorry I have been disappointed with the idea of hunting with an A? and a clip attached in case of a second/more shots needed to finish off the animal.
I hunt with a bow or a single shot Ruger. Still don’t understand why we need the banned gun to hunt. Check out my avatar I did ok in NZ with an old fashion 7mm mag.

So cause you don't need it, the rest of us don't. Got it. i don't user a 7MM mag, never have, have no need for it so let's ban that round. I've done pretty well without it......

So cause you don't need it, the rest of us don't. Got it. i don't user a 7MM mag, never have, have no need for it so let's ban that round. I've done pretty well without it......

I would also add, I have killed a truck load of deer with an AR. I even use the real scary kind, all black, with a suppressor and adjustable stock.

"Assault rifle/weapon" is the most over used imaginary term I've ever heard in my life. Drives me crazy.. Hearing the MSM try to define it is depressingly comical.

The term for a fully automatic firearm, one that will fire multiple rounds with a single trigger pull, is machine gun. I don't know who coined the term "assault rifle", but I'd like to kick him square in the butt..

An M-16 capable of fully automatic fire is an Assault Rifle by definition. An AR -15 which is semiautomatic is not. The media makes this misrepresentation about 999.99% of the time. I believe that the origination of the term Assault Rifle came from the German Sturmgewehr used in WWII. That rifle was the "parent" from which the AK -47 also an Assault Rifle was designed.

I assume you mean Charles Manson.

There are processes in the US in place to deal with those deemed unable to possess a firearm. The list of prohibited individuals is clear, but due process must run its course first. I believe firmly strict scrutiny should apply to the Second Amendment, it is my hope, we will soon see a Supreme Court agree.

The 2nd Amendment was ratified for everyone. Individuals should be punished, not populations for the act of an individual. An armed man is a Citizen, an unarmed man is subject

I would also add, I have killed a truck load of deer with an AR. I even use the real scary kind, all black, with a suppressor and adjustable stock.

That description is really scary! Be careful who you share that with, you might cause a snowflake meltdown.

Good call on the use of the word clip, I forget which senator it was that said "we need to ban high capacity clips" and my initial thought was yes write the bill with that exact verbiage.

"Sorry I have been disappointed with the idea of hunting with an A? and a clip attached in case of a second/more shots needed to finish off the animal.
I hunt with a bow or a single shot Ruger. Still don’t understand why we need the banned gun to hunt. Check out my avatar I did ok in NZ with an old fashion 7mm mag."

It's a magazine, not a "clip" maybe don't get your gun info from CNN or the CBC.....

A very good friend of mine is a Jew who survived Tarnow. His father and another man hid their families in a room in a factory for the final years of the war. He recently wrote a book, 'The Unwritten Diary of Israel Unger'. If you need any convincing that we need to stand ready to oppose evil and tyrannical governments, you need look no further than this book. The recent increase in anti-Semitism in the West is alarming. We cannot disarm ourselves in a knee jerk reaction to a tragedy, nor can we assume that governments will stand for what is right and just.

An M-16 capable of fully automatic fire is an Assault Rifle by definition. An AR -15 which is semiautomatic is not. The media makes this misrepresentation about 999.99% of the time. I believe that the origination of the term Assault Rifle came from the German Sturmgewehr used in WWII. That rifle was the "parent" from which the AK -47 also an Assault Rifle was designed.

AR...............originally meant ArmaLite Rifle.........not Assault Rifle.

"In 1956, ArmaLite designed a lightweight selective fire rifle for military use and designated it the ArmaLite Rifle model 15, or AR-15."

375 Ruger Fan, I stand corrected. I forgot that the original AR-15(s) were intended for the Military and were capable of select fire. When adopted they were designated the M-16. When these rifles were offered to the general public in semi-auto only the AR-15 name stuck. Except for those holding Class III permits ownership of select fire arms is against the law. But back on point the overwhelming majority if not all of the AR -15(s) currently owned by civilians are semi-auto and by definition are not Assault Rifles.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NickolasAr

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg