50by50

AH veteran
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Hunted
S. Africa and Namibia
Hey all- does anyone know the outlook for New Zealand 2021?

do you expect red stag rates to be better or worse when they allow hunters back in?

I know in the states some of the high fence whitetail hunts are going for a big discount. Just had a friend get back from shooting a 212” whitetail for $4500. Made me curious if the estate red stags in New Zealand would be discounted.

I think it will really depend when (or if) they open up to tourism again. Peak time is early April for roar. Have you hunted estate stags in NZ before? or had friends that have?

I think it will really depend when (or if) they open up to tourism again. Peak time is early April for roar. Have you hunted estate stags in NZ before? or had friends that have?
No, I haven’t hunted the estate stags before. It’s in my list though. I did a DIY tahr and chamois hunt a couple years ago that was awesome and would love to come back for a red stag and fallow.

New Zealand been pretty strict about keeping covid out of their country. As bad as it is in the US it may take Americans a vaccine card to get into a lot of countries.

Following this - I really want to get to NZ for red stag as well. Had intentions to attend DSC and see if I could find an outfitter for 2022.
I'm hoping the mandatory vaccine to travel isn't implemented but it seems signs are pointing that way.

Hunted New Zealand for red stag, elk ,and fallow deer. Beautiful country.

Following this, on the list for the future.

good news for oz hunters wanting to travel without catching the disease.
kiwiland and oz are having a bubble.
bruce.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SavannahDo

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg