NEW ZEALAND: Has Anyone Hunted With Shane Johnston Of Four Seasons Safaris Of New Zealand?

sonnyn913

AH veteran
Reaction score
Hunting reports
Africa
Australia/NZ
Member of
SCI International, SCI Kansas City Chapter
Hunted
RSA, Limpopo region,NorthWest Province, VaalWater and Free State New Zealand
Has anyone hunted with Shane Johnston of Four Seasons Safaris of New Zealand? If so, what was the experience? Did you hunt the main lodge or the camp 3 hours south of ChristChurch? What was the quality of game and what species did you hunt? How was the food? I am particularly interested in the Red Stag hunt reports. I will be hunting with them in 6 weeks. Thanks for your input. Sonny

What category of red stag did you put in for 390-420?
Hunted the roar first of April last year but with a different place.

I put a deposit for a 330-360, however I know I am going to go as high as a 420 probably. They claim the roar will still be going on April 16-19. BTW, nice stag there Bhfs, I would be happy with that!

I've hunted in NZ during the roar, but not with them. You should have a great time!

I have hunted NZ I love NZ it is beautiful and the Kiwi's are truly nice people. please take your wife and spend some extra time sightseeing the south island it is awesome and there are many things to do and see. The stags are plentiful and you should have no trouble shooting whatever size you want. by the way don't be surprised if the first stags they show you are bigger than your size range, most people will accept the up charge and shoot the bigger one and they know it. what else are you after?? they have phenominal duck hunting (dont know if season will be open then? they have mallards and some big ass pretty ducks that wander around in the meadows and you can shoot swans black ones even!! super trout fishing too. i would suggest a bipod as the shooting is open prone on mtn sides mostly around 200yds

Has anyone hunted with Shane Johnston of Four Seasons Safaris of New Zealand? If so, what was the experience? Did you hunt the main lodge or the camp 3 hours south of ChristChurch? What was the quality of game and what species did you hunt? How was the food? I am particularly interested in the Red Stag hunt reports. I will be hunting with them in 6 weeks. Thanks for your input. Sonny
let me know how it goes ...I'm booked for april of 2019

call me if you like, 913-406-1823 Sonny

Just saw this - My wife and I hunted with Shane in 2015 for red stag and tahr. Greg was our guide. We were there in mid-march and the roar was on. My wife shot the red stag at 355. They have a great property to hunt and many animals that were far bigger. The tahr was a walk-in hunt and I shot a beautiful 11 year old bull. Everything was great. I highly recommend shooting wallaby (no extra charge when I was there.)

We spent close to 3 weeks in country playing tourist and it was most fun I ever had on a vacation. Lots of things to see and do.

The ducks open May 1, limit of 50 birds - mostly mallard and paradise ducks. Next time....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelitaAu

Latest profile posts

Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Jackal hunt on triggercam,