NEW ZEALAND: A Short Hunt, Some Epic Fly Fishing & A Little Touring On The South Island NZ

Fire, I too just returned from a hunt with Peter. I believe I followed yours, although mine was a wilderness Tahr hunt. I hunted for just four days and the rest of the three weeks we spent touring. NZ is an amazingly beautiful country with welcoming friendly people. Sounds like your time there was as enjoyable as ours.

Fire, I too just returned from a hunt with Peter. I believe I followed yours, although mine was a wilderness Tahr hunt. I hunted for just four days and the rest of the three weeks we spent touring. NZ is an amazingly beautiful country with welcoming friendly people. Sounds like your time there was as enjoyable as ours.

Awesome...! Peter mentioned he had a client that referenced the AH.com site... When can we see the photos from your tahr hunt? Where else did you go in NZ?

DETAILS AND PHOTOS!!!!!!!!!!!

I leave in a little over a month to hunt red stag and tahr with Peter.

8108E130-C258-4DBA-8390-4CC5DEE6DEF7.jpeg
Just time for a quick summary...We toured the south island only. Started in Christchurch and via rental car made a big figure eight. Initially going west across the island and north to Able Tasman (beautiful park/ beaches/hiking, cruise) for a few days then back east and south through Kaikoura (good rock lobster at the Pier Hotel restaurant) back to Christchurch where I met up with Peter and his son Alistair for the hunt.
After the hunt we went south and west to lake Tekapo, down to Te Anau(bused to Milford Sound for a cruise which Kipling called the 8th wonder of the world, Milford track here also considered one of the worlds top hikes). We then swung back north to Queenstown, Wanaka, west to the glaciers Fox and Franz Josef then back to Christchurch. A day or two in each location was sufficient, good well marked roads. Not a foodies paradise by any means, but we did find a few decent restaurants, English fare mostly.
The hunt was an adventure, several hours driving up rock strewn river beds to the near headwaters and camp. Much time spent glassing the slopes from the river bed, once a good animal was located we made a plan and I was successful in taking a 7+ year old bull on day three of the hunt.
Peter knows his business and will let you know that, will hunt as hard as you want, but be capable and competent.
CED950B0-3650-4FF5-9B8D-19E50DC8BD55.jpeg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobbyeriBlorm

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg