New york lowers hunting age!

I was lucky started hunting at 5 years old....I guess Africa has some advantages....

I was lucky started hunting at 5 years old....I guess Africa has some advantages....
Same here. Lol
Started hunting arizona at 5 or 6, then africa at 8 and west virginia at 12 or so.
Too bad i havent done too much to even talk about in the last 15yrs. Lol

Reactions: IvW
grew up on a farm and was hunting by myself at 9 years old with my brother(2 years older), small game was plentyful and was a source of meat as was deer. my brother and i shot many deer in the buckwheat at night for crop damage. there was a 1917 enfield in 3006 and a sears .22 single shot kept in the milk house with shells. tho most of the night deer shooting was done with a .22 hornet savage bolt action. carried a barlow pocket knife to school every day as most kids did with no problems at all.

grew up on a farm and was hunting by myself at 9 years old with my brother(2 years older), small game was plentyful and was a source of meat as was deer. my brother and i shot many deer in the buckwheat at night for crop damage. there was a 1917 enfield in 3006 and a sears .22 single shot kept in the milk house with shells. tho most of the night deer shooting was done with a .22 hornet savage bolt action. carried a barlow pocket knife to school every day as most kids did with no problems at all.
Same here. And I would drive my pick up to school with a gun in the rack. And the high school archery team would sometimes carry their bows from class to class.
Now there is metal detectors and schools look like prisons. My how things change.

Oddly enough, here in WA state there really is no age limit to start hunting. I read it and didnt believe so called the Game Dept and they confirmed.

IIRC, I was told if you were old enough to pass the test, you were old enuf to hunt.

Grew up just south of NY-PA border. Ages 12-13 could hunt with a parent, 14-15 with someone 18 or older, and at 16 by oneself. I was hunting by myself at 12 on the farm. Dad was too busy working. Funny that I never had a safety problem all those years being unsupervised with a loaded rifle or shotgun.

Gov Cuomo is a rabid anti-gun leftist and a horrible person as well but I have to say that he has been very supportive of hunters and our hunting land and opportunity’s to hunt fish and trap here in NY

At least he’s good for something

Fish and Game Depts desperately trying to pull some kids back in from cell phones and vid games. Hope it works. Leslie....had same pocket knife....somehow we didn't go postal back then............and yes, Gov Cuomo is good at somethings..................all those women can't be wrong.......FWB

Fish and Game Depts desperately trying to pull some kids back in from cell phones and vid games. Hope it works. Leslie....had same pocket knife....somehow we didn't go postal back then............and yes, Gov Cuomo is good at somethings..................all those women can't be wrong.......FWB
+1!

Sad thing to say but I hope that he doesn’t get impeached because I think that whoever replaces him will be much worse.

There is a list of radicals and hateful leftist such District Attorney Letitia James who will get their revenge on “The Deplorables” “The System” etc. In short...you White People are in trouble;)

Shakka.....I hear you on the Governor....I don't have a dog in the hunt. He probably does a good job. I only laughed because of ALL the lefty dems who said "if a woman says something, she should be believed"...now they are all silent....... #metoo has rolled over on her back for this one. No women's groups trying to vilify him like they did to any Republican. Happy to see the hunting age dropped, but only with dad or gramps along for safety, and to teach the traditions and respect for wildlife..................FWB

i was driving a john deer tractor spreading cow shit at age 9 and the john deer had a hand clutch that i had to stand up to shift gears, we all had carheart brown coats from spreading with the wind. my dad and my brother and i hand milked 80 cows in 1954, when i was drafted into the army 10 years later i was not sad at the time. i think we were made out of harder stuff then, no man buns-bell bottoms-gold chains-drugs ect.

+1!

Sad thing to say but I hope that he doesn’t get impeached because I think that whoever replaces him will be much worse.

There is a list of radicals and hateful leftist such District Attorney Letitia James who will get their revenge on “The Deplorables” “The System” etc. In short...you White People are in trouble;)

I hear that he now wants to give massive checks to illegals. Either way NY is screwed.

I hear that he now wants to give massive checks to illegals. Either way NY is screwed.
Yes absolutely we are totally screwed. Benefits to illegals and anyone making over 1 million per year is taxed 52%....the govt gets more than you get.
Wait till guys like him and Biden/Harris are done with all of us

Yes absolutely we are totally screwed. Benefits to illegals and anyone making over 1 million per year is taxed 52%....the govt gets more than you get.
Wait till guys like him and Biden/Harris are done with all of us

That is insane.

Started hunting with my GrandPa at age 11, We would hunting all kinda small games.
Lowering the age is a good thing. Teaches kids to fend for themselves and also teaches them gun safety and a very young age.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LuciaWains

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg