Founder
AH ambassador
Reaction score
Website
www.africahunting.com
Media
Articles
Hi everyone,

I'm excited to announce the launch of our new Video & Photo gallery! This is something that I wanted to do since we changed platforms 2 years ago, but with 40,000 images it wasn't an easy undertaking. I have been working behind the scenes preparing for and executing this major transfer with a lot of help for the last month. Fortunately did not have to shut the site down to do it.

I hope you like it and find it much easier to view and upload images and videos as well as just a better and overall more modern experience which is very mobile friendly. We now have a much improved video upload capability.As well as being able to embed a video by just pasting a link from one of our approved media sites: Dailymotion,Facebook, Liveleak, Metacafe, Vimeo and of course YouTube. You may also notice a new feature at the top of the main forum that displays the 10 most recently posted video and photo content. The new platform provides a lot more features and capabilities that I think you will like.

The old gallery was really becoming archaic and no longer being supported by its developers therefore I felt it was necessary to bring it into the modern age. However, the old gallery (although closed for posting) has been preserved on the site for various reasons but mainly because there are so many links to it from all over the web. Rest assured that all of the content including the comments has been moved to the new platform as well as your personal galleries that show up on your profile and under your avatar (still working on that).

We are still working on fine tuning the integration which should be complete by the end of this week. I know that changes are not always well received but please know that I am always working to make this site better and keep it from becoming stagnant as so many forums do. Please let me know if you experience any issues or have any questions.

I hope that all of you like it as much as I do! And I look forward to seeing your pictures being posted and hopefully more videos as well.

Looking forward to giving it a try, have a few new pictures to upload.

This site keeps on getting better

I for one appreciate you updating the system! Thanks Jerome

First off, great job and thanks! I'm sure it will make it easier to sort through although I still eed to play with it some more.

Secondly, everyone need to go to the gallery and then sort by number of views.

HAHAHA!!!!!

Not surprising at all with this group!

Last edited:
Now I just need to learn how to put a picture in the media file for the video

That cracked me up.... bunch of dirty old men!!!!! There was even one pic I had never seen before. :E Big Grin:
Dirty perhaps but who's old? ;)

Touche' !!!!

:A Wheelchair:

Yep! I went to change thumb nail and uploaded a picture! Thanks again Jerome

@AfricaHunting.com Jerome- I like it! You may want to consider adding the "new media" banner to the home page- I do most of my navigating from there rather than from the actual forum page.

Sorry about yesterday, I spoke too soon, an issue came up that required us to close the site for the day in order to work on it. I think everything has been resolved and it should run smoothly. Sorry again for the inconvenience I really tried to avoid shutting the site down but in this situation it was unavoidable. Thank you for all of your support.

First off, great job and thanks! I'm sure it will make it easier to sort through although I still eed to play with it some more.

Secondly, everyone need to go to the gallery and then sort by number of views.

HAHAHA!!!!!

Not surprising at all with this group!

ha ha ha ha :E Happy::E Rofl::K Tongue::K Booby:

question... how the hell did the ele charge get stuck in amongst that lot as most viewed??? :E Lol:

question... how the hell did the ele charge get stuck in amongst that lot as most viewed??? :E Lol:

I dunno.... Maybe because some guys like em big? :eek:o_O:rolleyes:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pace88win__

Latest profile posts

Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you