"New" Toy - Off Chassis Restoration - 1969 Toyoda Land Cruiser

Red Leg,

Wow, totally cool.

Best Regards,
Velo Dog.

Man, you have style! That is a very cool, yet arguably practical, addition to the stable. Congratulations.

Nice ride. But you are correct that an A/C needs to be added. While spending money, a Warn wench would be a great addition.
Nice ride Redleg, but i must advice against wesheltonj's suggestion.

NEVER, i repeat, never buy a worn wench !

Hahahaha. Especially if the are rated as 8 or 9000 lbs!

Nice car Joe....this is what we use in the bush in Botswana..

Toyota.jpeg

Yes you really need to watch out for those old wenches. When you least expect it they will bite you in the ass!

Great classic car. I have a 85 defender 110 and I had to put air con in it and I live in nj. I am sure that cruiser handles like my defender which is somewhere close to like driving a piece of gym equipment. Good luck and enjoy and if your wife gives you any problems tell her what I tell my wife:

“Listen, it is cheaper than having a girlfriend!”

i have a 74 air locker beadlocks double transfer case - unstoppable - you got a good rig sir

Nice Joe! I sold my fully restored ‘71 in a moment of sheer stupidity. This photo is of my current project, a ‘69. Totally torn down at the moment, frame is powder coated, should have a rolling chassis next month. Going safari tan on the rebuild.
IMG_1404.JPG

Winches only work if there is something to tie the cable to. For me, most times, there is nothing in reach.

Bury your spare as a winch anchor. Done it more than once. Better than walking out!

Nice Joe! I sold my fully restored ‘71 in a moment of sheer stupidity. This photo is of my current project, a ‘69. Totally torn down at the moment, frame is powder coated, should have a rolling chassis next month. Going safari tan on the rebuild. View attachment 372683
Very nice. Can’t wait to see it when done.

Yes you really need to watch out for those old wenches. When you least expect it they will bite you in the ass!

Great classic car. I have a 85 defender 110 and I had to put air con in it and I live in nj. I am sure that cruiser handles like my defender which is somewhere close to like driving a piece of gym equipment. Good luck and enjoy and if your wife gives you any problems tell her what I tell my wife:

“Listen, it is cheaper than having a girlfriend!”
As I say, the ’41 Chevy truck makes this seem like a drivability upgrade. Just glad the steering wheel is oversized to wrestle those tires around a corner.

Like you I suspect, I am fortunate. My bride is the one who spotted it on a local Toyoda dealership’s site.

Nice car Joe....this is what we use in the bush in Botswana..

View attachment 372670
(y) I have spent many hundreds kilometers in vehicles just like that.

It is beyond my comprehension that Toyoda has never marketed the 70 series Land Cruiser in the States. Best I can tell they sell it just about everywhere else on the planet. I would own one in a heartbeat as would thousands of others.

Spent a good bit of time and $$$ many years ago building CJ's and Land-cruisers into rock crawlers to get through some extreme terrain. You have a great rig that will serve you well for years.. My only complaint is that no cruiser looks right with out a large spattering of fresh or dried mud on it.

Those were quite expensive back in the day.
My first DSC was in 1990. That year some company had a rebuilt one for sale at the convention. It looked like new, (don't remember the actual date of it) but I by no means could afford it....been that way ever since!!!

Great find! Congrats on acquisition!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edwardsrailcarcom00

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg