Media
Member of
AFA Archers
New toy ready for the range on saturday. 8x60s, 196gr @2600fps

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Love the checkering. Congrats on your new purchase. Keep us posted how it shoots.

Thats a beautiful rifle allright. Before the ZKK series. Dont know about the checkered cheek pc. though! OUCH!:nailbiter:

The rounds that i am going to test so far. Waiting for my 210 gr. Left to right,196gr, 187gr and 196gr.

image.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
We had a rifle I almost identicle to that also chambered in 8x60. Sadly it was destroyed by the SAPS by accident well it was in safe keeping well our competence certificates were in the works.
@Mauser78 if you ever consider selling the rifle I'd be very interested. Beautiful rifle I hope you enjoy her

@Bindie, this rifle used to be my fathers, he sold about a dozen when the new laws came into affect, by accident I was talking to a gun shop owner and he saw my other gun and both stocks was made by my dad and he told me he had a 8mm with a similar looking stock in his personal collection and if it was indeed the same one he will sell it back to me, it was indeed the same gun. This time its not leaving the family. I hope the SAPS compensated you some how on your loss.

The former communist leader of the CSSR ( czechoslovakian peoples republic ) Dubcek owned such a rifle in 8x60 S. Now one of his sons P. Dubcek, a surgeon, is hunting with this rifle. I made the ammunation for this gun, it's a ZG 47.

Mannlicher

Mannlicher you can not perhaps give me some info on the ammo i posted. Middle is a Rws and right is DWM. Rws i can not identify whitch one it is and i dont know any thing on the dwm

The RWS is the 12,1 g H-Mantel - RWS is still producing ammunation for the 8x60 S. The DWM is the 12,7 g TR (round nose) - bullet. Vo=788m/s, Eo= 4020 J -from an old DWM -Katalog. The RWS - H-Mantel is listed with Vo= 845 m/s, Eo= 4400 J.

Mannlicher

Thanks, you think they any good for hunting? The Rws seems nice, only have 20, but i have 80 of the dwm

The DWM's are between 50 and 60 years old, but no problem for shooting it. My experiences with the old DWM - ammo are without troubles. Quality is equal to RWS. And the round nose - bullet will do it's job up to Kudu / bwb within a range of 200 Yards. The H-Mantel is very precise, but destroying some meat - because of it's copperhead. Both bullets are proofed hunting - bullets - you can use without a risk !

Mannlicher

Thanx Mannlicher, the RWS is a hot load. I can get some of that DK (twin core) 180gr over here, but it is expensive. I do not hear anything when i shake the ones i have, do they use a filler or is it loaded to the max capasity.

There is no filler inside. What I know, they are using Rottweil R 907 powder and the load is really hotter than the old DWMs. The last production has the DK(Doppelkern)-bullet - it is precise, but penetration is poor. I know them from the 8x68 S, all users changed to 200 gr NP or the Norma load with the 200 gr A-Frame. For larger pg I wouldn't use the DK.

Mannlicher

Very nice rifle. It is not a ZG47. It is a model 21 as others mention (in North America this would be 21h). These are in my opinion nicest Brno repeaters ever made. I really like the carbine full stock version (model 22 - in NA 22f). They are a small ring Mauser action. The later models featured the now standard 19mm dovetail rail. I have an 8x60 in full-stocked model 21. Got brass from Prvi Partizan, looking for some load data. Can't wait to try it.

interesting checkering. Have fun and shoot often

Love them. Have 2 old BRNO's myself.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LucaFitzgi

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross