New to this forum

ECHIV

AH member
Reaction score
Member of
currently none, formerly NRA, DU, NAHC
Hunted
Alaska, Texas, Wyoming, Oklahoma, Louisiana, Kansas
I am new to this forum and have never been to Africa. We do however have tickets and Itinerary in hand for a trip to Dar in January. I am going to interview for a Job in Dar and the whole family is going for a nearly three week trip. That is my son (Now 4 and 1/2) on my avatar. If all goes well we will be moving back just as soon as we can part company with a bunch of stuff that isn't worth moving to Dar and say goodbye to family. I have already learned a great deal about hunting in Africa from reading posts on this site and hope to gain more knowledge of hunting opportunities for resident aliens.
Hope everyone has a very Happy New Year in 2010 wherever the New Year finds you.

ECHIV

Welcome aboard ECHIV.

nd

Welcome to AH ECHIV! Sounds like you've got quite an adventure ahead of you. I personally think that when children have the opportunity to experience living abroad that it expands their horizons and benefits them later in life. i hope that everything works out for you and that you're able to make this big move happen! I can assure you that the hunting alone will make it worthwhile... Keep us posted.

Welcome ECHIV that sounds so exciting! Good Luck on your trip I hope everything works out for you and your family. I imagine that Tanzania is the ultimate African country for an avid huinter, what an awesome opportunity!

ECHIV... welcome to Dar. I am based here and will be willing to help where i can to make your transition as easy as possible. What brings you? Send me a PM and will answer any questions that you may have. Karibu!

ECHIV,
Welcome to Tanzania and Dar. Am sure you will love it. Karibu Sana.

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome. The family and I will be arriving in Dar on January 15 for a 2.5 week visit. If all goes well and as anticipated we will return soon with our resident visa and hopefully a MUCH longer stay.
ECHIV

Live the dream...good luck to you and welcome to the website!

Moving to Dar

Just found out Sunday I got a job and we are moving to Dar. Will be in Dar March 30 on a 3 year contract which can be renewed. Hope to be there for a long while.

Welcome

Welcome to AH ECHIV

Congratulations and good luck with your new job!

Nice to see an upcoming hunter and fisherman on your lap. Is that a fish your son is holding up?

Welcome ECHIV
Best wishes for the new job and congratulations.:)
Cheers Louis

Neil, yes it is. He caught that 11.5 inch redear sunfish a couple of years ago. He really likes fishing and wants to start hunting. He will be five in may so we will have to wait a few years on that one.

Welcome ECHIV to the forum and many congrats for a new job in a beautiful country Tanzania , you will love being here.

Best of all the luck

Monish

Welcome and enjoy East Africa.

Wow, nice fish. Well done for exposing your son to fishing and hunting at such a young age. He will thank you one day.

I'm jealous! Enjoy working in East Africa!

Niel,
Thanks, He has already caught Rainbow Trout, Largemouth Bass, Channel Catfish, Crappie, Bluegills, Redears, lots of other sunnies. He already thanks me. His first fish was a Crappie that was 13.5 inches long. It weighed about .75 Kilos. Very Tasty.
Eric

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OmaMcGill

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg