Warren Knudsen

AH senior member
Reaction score
Media
Member of
NZDA, SCI
Hunted
Newzealand/Spain Mozambique
So this popped up for sale here and after a quick discussion with a very knowledgeable gentleman I decided to purchase. Yet to shoot this but i am ver impressed by the quality.
IMG_2518-2.JPG
IMG_2523.JPG
IMG_2520.JPG
20210910_164233.jpg

Beauty !

Hi Warren,

Congratulations!!!!! One of the nicieste ZG47 I have seen!!! The sights not originals and the stock seems to be touched. Much nicier than the original. And in 9,3x62...Great!!

Best!
@Clado Ferreira, yes you are correct, rebarrelled and the stock has been refinished and pad fitted.
It makes a nice older sister to the zkk602 in 416. I am very happy with it and the quality is very high, I have noticed you have done quite a bit of load development with the 9.3 and getting very good results with Re 15. I will have to look in to scorching some of that powder here in NZ.
Regards

So this popped up for sale here and after a quick discussion with a very knowledgeable gentleman I decided to purchase. Yet to shoot this but i am ver impressed by the quality.
View attachment 423731View attachment 423732View attachment 423734View attachment 423735
You have obviously overcome (or maybe you never had it) the problem I have with my ZG47's and BRNO 602's, which is the safety. I have never been able to get used to what for me is the backward motion required to release it. I have been told to think of it as the same motion I would use in cocking a hammer on a lever action, but my lever actions do not have hammers (Savage 99's and Winchester 88's). I had my ZKK 602 altered to a Winchester Model 70 type safety, but I confine hunting with my ZG47 to situations like hunting from a blind where I am unlikely to need a sudden shot.

Anyway, congratulations on your acquisition! I agree with the opinion of others I have read that the ZG47 is the most sophisticated development of the Mauser action.

@Clado Ferreira, yes you are correct, rebarrelled and the stock has been refinished and pad fitted.
It makes a nice older sister to the zkk602 in 416. I am very happy with it and the quality is very high, I have noticed you have done quite a bit of load development with the 9.3 and getting very good results with Re 15. I will have to look in to scorching some of that powder here in NZ.
Regards
@Warren Knudsen
A beautiful matched pair and both very elegant. The 9.3 will serve you well.
Bob

I think I have owned 8-9 ZG-47s.. but ALL in 30-06.
Just down to a single one now.

Never found one in my favorite calibers, 7x64 & 9,3x62
@Northman
Not trying to be rude but a barrel in your favourite caliber solves the problem and you could have had 3 of them.
Bob

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
outlookindia012

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg