New to me BRNO

Here is my reply with pictures, sorry it's so late! bottom: Customized Brno 22F 7x57, Middle a customized Brno 21H 7x64, And the top one is the original 21H 8x57IS. Lower pictures is after I restored the finish on 8x57 and replaced the safety/bolt shroud. View attachment 365373View attachment 365374
Very nice. I'm intrigued by the different single triggers and cuts in the bottom metal. Too bad you're not in Calgary. I would love to see these in person. I'm almost ready to build one 8x57 22f with square receiver, ZG47 bolt out of 3 rifles I have. I plan on putting 2.5-8x36 Leupold on it just likeyou have, only I'm holding out for a glossy one to keep it time period correct. But I love keeping things original and the ZG47 I got for parts is turning out cleaner and less used than originally thought so who knows if I will ever do it. Plus it means the donor 7x57 gets dismantled. Ouch! :D

Beautiful rifle.

I would be a bit concerned about the 7.0 stamp on the barrel ahead of the receiver this indicates 7mm bore so is either 7x57 or 7x64.....I would have it checked anyway.....may not be an 8mm.....
I mentioned that earlier. Hopefully it's just a badly stamped 9. The caliber should be stamped on top of the chamber anyway.

I HWL,

I never understood that possibility...because to do that the shooter must move the head to a lower position, position that put the forehead almost in contact with the scope!!! Very dangerous in my view, almost sure to hit the forehead with the ocular rim......!
Perhaps it worked with those early low power and long eye releif scopes like the Lyman Alaskan and others of that period that can be mounted forward enough.

Best!

CF

Got it on my heym 9.3x62 and haven't been hit by scope

I mentioned that earlier. Hopefully it's just a badly stamped 9. The caliber should be stamped on top of the chamber anyway.
my model 21 has 7x57 clearly stamped on the right hand side
C39DC0BF-8A42-48A2-B333-3C3DDA8912BF.jpeg

Looks like it is stamped on top as well...
Capture.JPG

so does mine 7x57 just ahead of the action on the top of the barrel however further down the barrel to the left it just has 7.0.....therefore I am convinced the OP has a 7mm not a 8mm.....

Last edited by a moderator:
Do you have a pic of the whole barrel? It does not look like factory barrel to begin with. The Brno barrels have small shoulder right at the receiver. The receiver is 1947 piece, yes.

Hi HWL,

What I meant about the scope hitting the forehead with the ocular rim, is with the head in position to aim with the iron sights looking by under the scope. To do that, in the cases I tried (with an Imman Meffert Mauser Carabine, less than 45 cm barrel in 7,65x53) my forehead was almost touching the scope!!! I can't see how to do that other way. To me, very dangerous!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cowboy76

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross