New to me 7x57 small ring mauser

Went to a gun show today and picked up a set of die’s, 100 pieces of brass, and a box of Remington 140 grain coreloc bullets. Getting closer to being ready.

@MS 9x56
Very sweet little rifle, all you need now is get to the range then take it for a hunt.
Don't forget to let us know how it goes.
Bob
Finally got to the range today. I had Sellier & Bellot and Remington140 grain loads and Remington 175 grain. The 175 grain shot 2-2 1/2" group 2" low at 100 yards. The 140 grain Remington shot even with bull but 3-4" to the left, with a 3" group. The Sellier & Bellot 140's were on the bull 2" group which is as good as I can do with open sights at 100 yards. The double set trigger helped a lot. It really liked the S&B 140 grain round nosed bullets. Can't wait to try them on game now.

I believe about 25” but will check it this evening.
I've had some other german/austrian guns and the bbl was 25.6" (65 cm others were 60 or 23.6" and 62.5 cm or 24.6"). All shooters!

They've really gone up in the past few years, I suspect due to the increased interest in WW2 'sniper' Mausers and WW2 surplus arms in general.

Much of this interest, I believe, has been spawned by video games though some is likely generated by re enactors, those who value history, and combinations thereof.
I think there are a lot of scammers out there too. Many trying to capitalize on the "sniper" popularity. Many scopes never even saw combat or were issued to snipers. They are just old scopes. Nothing wrong with that if they sell for $200 not $2000.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChristyLak

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg