New to me 375

ldmay375

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Winchester Model 94 Big Bore, 375 Winchester.

I like lever guns, and Really like 375’s. I have been wanting one of these, from the time they introduced them. I have been looking for an Angle Eject Model. This one is not. But is 1978 to 1981 vintage one for a decent price.

I will probably never shoot anything other than informal targets with it. But, I sure do like it.

9A37048A-6E4E-4E00-8E74-2738391E7210.jpeg
4E689C3C-8E4A-4347-ABE7-E42A5A449A99.jpeg
FBF09099-D593-4533-AA26-2F75139B883F.jpeg

Nice! I think you should hunt a bison with that!

Congratulations! Very cool.. I’ve seen a couple of them in my local gun shop lately. These looked to be new old stock. Not a blemish one. Nearly talked myself into one. They had a 307 Winchester also

I think, if I get lucky and draw a bison tag; I will likely use a 416 Ruger or Remington.
I do want to locate some 280’ish grain hard cast flat points to load in this 375 Winchester. It may be turn out to be more gun than I think it is, for larger than deer sized game.
The 45-70 is still my big bore of lever guns. I have never really hunted with it, but would like to try it on moose.

I do like the chipmunk cheeks on the Model 94 Big Bores. Some hate the look. The did chamber them in some unique lever cartridges. The 307 and 356 Winchester are pretty cool cartridges for a Model 94 type.

Congratulations! Very cool.. I’ve seen a couple of them in my local gun shop lately. These looked to be new old stock. Not a blemish one. Nearly talked myself into one. They had a 307 Winchester also

Congrats on the new addition!

Congrats on the "new" rifle. Take a look at a Williams 94-36 aperture sight. They make a big difference accuracy wise. The only drawback is that you might have to put a taller front sight on the gun.

Very nice. I’m jealous. ;)

Shootist43,
Eventually I am definitely going to have to do something regarding the sights.
Something fatter on the front, and either an aperture/peep for the rear Or something with a sizable notch.
Fuzzy does not begin to describe the current factory set up, to me eyes.

Congrats on you new acquisition!! Those came out when I was 18. Man how I wanted one back then.

degoins,
Yep, I was also close to that age when they came out. And that desire to have one never really went away. I had been infrequently looking for the AE model for quite sometime. Maybe sacrilege but the eyes need help.
Anyways this popped up in a local classified and I bit.
For the past year or so, I have been on a lever action binge. Being a 375 fan, and not having a chipmunk-cheeked 94, I could not resist.

Thank you.
The Big Bore Model 94, is kind of a relic from the modern past.
The 375 Winchester certainly did not set any popularity records. But, that 375 caliber has always been an attraction to me.

Definitely have to get reloading components for this.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edwardsrailcarcom00

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg